dreamweaver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreamweaver...

I dont know jack diddly squat about html, so is this a good thing to buy? Do I buy dreamweavermx? or another version? or, is that even the best thing to use?

Dreamweaver MX 2004 is the version that is available. I think that this is a great application for anybody, and it allows you to make amazing websites without any knowledge of HTML. You just need to know what to drag onto the window

I'd definitely recommend it.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

It's great if you have the money to spend. 1st page ( www.evrsoft.com ) is a great application for free. (Not FrontPage by Microsoft, never used FrontPage.)
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

I have dreamweaver. I know HTML, and am quite comfortable with using it. Even so, I find dreamweaver incredibly helpful for coding stuff. Dreamweaver is an excellent program for experienced HTML users too, so if you ever learn HTML, it's not like you'll outgrow it. I would NEVER go back to notepad.

Comment

I've used and loved DW for a long time now, but hate the latest version. It's just so cumbersome for simple tasks. I'll try moving the cursor to a piece of text and deleting it or adding to it and the blinking line will jump all over the place. The right piece of text will be deleted eventually, but the cursor will be on the line above so its very disorientating. Also if I try highlighting a piece of text, DW will select an adjacent chunk instead - it usually gets it right after the third attempt. When I type or delete text within a table there's a delay of a couple of seconds before the text appears or disappears. It's infuriating when everything you do happens in slow motion and you have to keep re-doing the most trivial tasks.

Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else?

Comment

Handcoding HTML is better. Period

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCHeSSS
              Handcoding HTML is better. Period
              I usually like to make a basic shell with an editor and then do the rest by hand and go over code by hand, then I use a HTML cleanup tool to format the code.
              Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Like LeeCHeSSS it's much better to do it by hand than use dreamweaver. It's a complete waste of money IMO for anyone who wants to design websites.
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

The file manager, syntax editing and intergraded FTP browser make it worth it.

Comment

Handcoding would be fine though, if I actually knew what I was doing. If one of you guys want to teach me some html over the net, I will be happy to learn it.

Comment

I would recommend dreamweaverMX to anyone, new to website dev or if they have been doing it for many, many years.

All i use is Macromedia and Adobe products for Web
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I've been using Dreamweaver for a number of years.

And I've been hand coding for 9 years.

I just don't have time to sit there, and hand code stuff anymore. Its easier for me to do stuff in DW, and then tweak the code by hand afterwards.

If you have time to sit there and type until your hands are sore... then do hand coding... But if you're like me, and have to do stuff when time is available (whenever that is).... get DreamWeaver.

Comment

FarStar - you don't need someone to hand-feed you the information really HTML is that easy that you can teach yourself using the wide variety of online resources available to you. Try starting off @ www.webmonkey.com
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Two hands and a copy of EditPlus is all you need. Handwritten code all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
                              FarStar - you don't need someone to hand-feed you the information really HTML is that easy that you can teach yourself using the wide variety of online resources available to you. Try starting off @ www.webmonkey.com
                              A background always helps, read the specification at W3.org first.

Comment