• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    puck-bunnies ??

Not heard that one before.

Over here talent scouts and people who watching minor leagues and event looking for stars in the making and offer them contacts with the big teams etc.

puck-bunnies sound like the are offering something completely diffrent !

Leave a comment:

• Regs
    replied
    If by talent, you are referring to puck-bunnies, then, yeah, there probably is a lot more vigorous talent there

But if that's what you're looking for, head on down to Gastown and the No. 5 Orange

Cheers,

~Regs.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Regs
    There's lots of hockey - you just need to know where to look

Over 12,000 were out on Saturday Night for the Giants game

Cheers,

~Regs.
    I've heard since the NHL stuff that people are watching the other leagues and they there are more ....... ummm, vigorous as that's where the talent scouts usually hang out.

Leave a comment:

• Regs
    replied
    There's lots of hockey - you just need to know where to look

Over 12,000 were out on Saturday Night for the Giants game

Cheers,

~Regs.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac Write
    Would be very cool to meet you when you come to Vancouver (sshh don't tell him about the kidnapping), I live in Vancouver
    If I haven't jumped of a bridge from the lack of hockey !!

Leave a comment:

• Mac Write
    replied
    Would be very cool to meet you when you come to Vancouver (sshh don't tell him about the kidnapping), I live in Vancouver

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by chrispadfield
    Yup, come up for the "real" action Jerry
    Oh you better belive it

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    I should also mention that there are weekend shuttle/tour buses that will take you from downtown to Whistler/Blackcomb

Cheers,

~Regs.
    Yup, come up for the "real" action Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Seabus is a 15 minute ride and I suppose the bus trip from there would be about 20?... I just looked it up online and the trip on a sunday morning is anywhere from 35 to 51 minutes (downtown to mountain bottom).

Check out other public transit stuff here:

http://www.translink.bc.ca

Cheers,

~Regs.
    Wow

Leave a comment:

• Regs
    replied
    I should also mention that there are weekend shuttle/tour buses that will take you from downtown to Whistler/Blackcomb

Cheers,

~Regs.

Leave a comment:

• Regs
    replied
    Seabus is a 15 minute ride and I suppose the bus trip from there would be about 20?... I just looked it up online and the trip on a sunday morning is anywhere from 35 to 51 minutes (downtown to mountain bottom).

Check out other public transit stuff here:

http://www.translink.bc.ca

Cheers,

~Regs.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    True enough I keep thinking water = horse shoe bay, though thats to the island.

Sweet so, down to seabus with board ........ bus on the other side, job done

How long is that going to take ?

Leave a comment:

• Regs
    replied
    Actually, if you choose Coal Harbour, you can always take the Seabus across the inlet and there are buses at the Lonsdale Quay terminal that will take you to the foot of Grouse... Nothing quite like boarding/skiing on a clear Vancouver night overlooking the city

There's also a shuttle bus from there that will take you to Cypress.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Are you looking to rent or own?
    Rent initally, looking at a few places next to stanley atm.

Another area to consider I suppose if renting is in Kits which is across the Burrard Street bridge... lots of yound people live there for the beaches and seawall (you can rollerblade from there and around Stanley Park)
    True enough, though I stayed in downtown this summer so would like to go back to an area I know, initally anyway, then I can move again depending on what areas I find and like etc.

For fireworks, you want something in the West End, not Coal Harbour (near Canada Place and Stanley Park)...
    True, or a boat, saw them this year, awsome

Fastest route to Grouse & Cypress are over the Lions Gate Bridge (obviously)

Do you have a car while you're here or are you using the transit system?
    I'm a biker, though with wanting to get a lot of boarding done I'll have to buy a car.

Leave a comment:

• Regs
    replied
    Are you looking to rent or own?

Another area to consider I suppose if renting is in Kits which is across the Burrard Street bridge... lots of yound people live there for the beaches and seawall (you can rollerblade from there and around Stanley Park)

For fireworks, you want something in the West End, not Coal Harbour (near Canada Place and Stanley Park)...

Fastest route to Grouse & Cypress are over the Lions Gate Bridge (obviously)

Do you have a car while you're here or are you using the transit system?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X