replied
    hmm, didn't really notice that.. lol

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Originally posted by Lurk
    Here's mine:
    http://www.LurkCorp.com

Right now, it's a board where people can discuss about everything.. I'm letting users vote on some forums to be added. and also letting users ask for a forum to be added. There are some members, but not much.. It gets some members once in a while..
    Amazing by how many people have to hijack threads and spam their URL to get attention.

Leave a comment:

• Lurk
    replied
    Here's mine:
    http://www.LurkCorp.com

Right now, it's a board where people can discuss about everything.. I'm letting users vote on some forums to be added. and also letting users ask for a forum to be added. There are some members, but not much.. It gets some members once in a while..

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Just noticed (due to IDN's post) that XHTML was listed as a server-side technology. It's actually client-side (browser). It also doesn't really make anything much more interactive.

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Originally posted by Vile
    6 max? I don't quite agree with that...I do agree that it's best not to overload it with forums, but it's just as bad to cram everything into a select number of forums such as 6.
    Each their own, I believe six would be perfect since he has mutiple forums that cover the same topic:

Online Coding Languages
    PHP/mysql/javascript/html/xml/etc
    Server Side
    Server side code making your site more interactive.
    PHP,ASP, XHTML, etc.
    Client Side
    The visual end of the process.
    Using HTML and JavaScript to make your website.
    I would suggested:

News/Updates/Feedback
    The Lobby
    Graphic Design
    PHP/MySQL/ASP/Perl/Java
    HTML/CSS/XML/JavaScript
    Tutorials

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    When you have stats like these:
    Threads: 5, Posts: 14, Members: 6

Having less threads than categories, methinks it would have to be rethought. He could expand to more categories in the future, but I'd have to agree with IDN for the time being. I did exactly the same thing, expanding to many more categories after my site grew large enough to be able to support that.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by IDN
    Those are hard to find. I wouldn't let anyone become a moderator that you don't know, besides do you really need a moderator when you have 2 members? It seems you updated the forum, you should really spam it when you're finished. You had only the first category when you 'showed' us your site.

You have too many forums, trim it down or it will look less active. 6 MAX for what you have now in two separate categories. Don't try and do everything right the first time or it will show. [That you are trying too hard] Start off slow and work to a goal you set for yourself.
    6 max? I don't quite agree with that...I do agree that it's best not to overload it with forums, but it's just as bad to cram everything into a select number of forums such as 6.

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Originally posted by Exero
    also looking for some good vb'ers(vbcoders/vbskiners) to work free and some staff(eg mods/supermods)
    Those are hard to find. I wouldn't let anyone become a moderator that you don't know, besides do you really need a moderator when you have 2 members? It seems you updated the forum, you should really spam it when you're finished. You had only the first category when you 'showed' us your site.

You have too many forums, trim it down or it will look less active. 6 MAX for what you have now in two separate categories. Don't try and do everything right the first time or it will show. [That you are trying too hard] Start off slow and work to a goal you set for yourself.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    its a design site/webmaster resource
    also looking for some good vb'ers(vbcoders/vbskiners) to work free
    and some staff(eg mods/supermods)

Leave a comment:

• blockcipher
    replied
    What is your site about? General Discussion board?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic My forum

My forum

here is my forum
    http://forum.trelio.com
    im still adding the forums
    and making the style
    but its open
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X