File Renaming Tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Renaming Tool?

PicoZip will do the job as well (it opens just about anything I've ever thrown at it).

Originally posted by Vile
    Yup, this will do it.

Load the .001 file, and HJSplit will automatically find the rest in the archive, assuming they are the correct filename
    So does WinRAR.

Comment

winace will work too: http://www.winace.com/

Comment

'File Merger' is a great merge tool. It will merge any files you want in any order.
        http://members.shaw.ca/maxwellsayles...r-01-07-14.zip

> http://members.shaw.ca/maxwellsayles...ams/index.html
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

File Renaming Tool?

ok ive got a wee problem as in I was given about 20 1.4mb files taken from a series of old diskettes, the files are all named cBac.001 , .002, .003 and so on as far as i can tell they must be archives renamed,

thus does anyone know a good winxp app that,ll allow me to either open ALL of these at once and try extracting them or sumthing that will rename them suitable so as they will extract?

Comment

Originally posted by colicab-d
            ok ive got a wee problem as in I was given about 20 1.4mb files taken from a series of old diskettes, the files are all named cBac.001 , .002, .003 and so on as far as i can tell they must be archives renamed,

thus does anyone know a good winxp app that,ll allow me to either open ALL of these at once and try extracting them or sumthing that will rename them suitable so as they will extract?
            Winrar ??

Comment

nope i tried that didnt seem to wanna open them all at once

Comment

Try HJSplit (and Join) to merge all the files together, and then unpacking it, using WinZip, WinRar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                  So does WinRAR.
                  Yes and no. It will if it's a winrar file(s) but in this case it seems it's not.

If it's created with HJ Split, winrar will not always do it. (these are different files, not a winrar archive, and it usually results in CRC errors)

*edit, just tested with latest WinRAR & HJ Split, and this is confirmed.
                  Last edited by Vile; Sat 3 Apr '04, 6:15pm.
                  Webmaster / Administrator
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kings
                    Try HJSplit (and Join) to merge all the files together, and then unpacking it, using WinZip, WinRar, etc.
                    Yup, this will do it.

Load the .001 file, and HJSplit will automatically find the rest in the archive, assuming they are the correct filename
                    Webmaster / Administrator
                    www.MegaGames.com
                    www.MGForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X