Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMail (Google Mail)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Joe
    Not a joke... just great marketing. How many other forums / websites are discussing this?
    Exactly. How many of you would care to discuss it if it wasn't announced today? Just the question "Is this for real" is generating more interest than the service would have gotten on every other day.

    But it would be pretty funny if it turned out to be a joke, especially if it severely affected the stock market.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

    גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Chen
      Exactly. How many of you would care to discuss it if it wasn't announced today? Just the question "Is this for real" is generating more interest than the service would have gotten on every other day.

      But it would be pretty funny if it turned out to be a joke, especially if it severely affected the stock market.
      I think even if it wasn't announced today, I think its still pretty big news. A whole GB of free email space? That's big stuff on any day. I hope it's not a joke though. I could really use the search capabilities on my email.
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

      Comment


      • #18
        If this is for real, Hotmail and Yahoo don't stand a chance... unless they act quickly. Hopefully Google will have this thing up and running soon.
        Matt
        Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
        Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.

        Comment


        • #19
          I will definately make the switch when it comes out... BTW, i'm certain this is NOT an april fools joke. They wouldnt spend so much time and effort on an FAQ etc if it was a mindless practical joke.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Cloud Strife
            I will definately make the switch when it comes out... BTW, i'm certain this is NOT an april fools joke. They wouldnt spend so much time and effort on an FAQ etc if it was a mindless practical joke.
            Do you remember their previous practical jokes?

            http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

            Comment


            • #21
              I setup an acct today... not hard to find if you poke around a bit (sorry, wont give out URL!), dont have full access tho... bleh
              Bike Forums.net

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Joe
                I setup an acct today... not hard to find if you poke around a bit (sorry, wont give out URL!), dont have full access tho... bleh
                Could you... erm... give a hint?
                MTG Salvation.com | Forums

                Comment


                • #23
                  Very Neat! :bugthumb:
                  Shane
                  CIO, FrakMedia.net
                  Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    0123456789
                    Attached Files
                    My Sites :

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      It would be even nicer if GMail is powered by HiveMail
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        So why is everyone excited about Google reading your email through their service?

                        Your emails are going to be spidered and indexed in order to provide the targetted emails. Sorry, I'll stick with my current email system which allows me to have 60 Gigabytes of storage if I want.


                        http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44454-2004Apr2.html
                        (requires free registration)

                        If this was a service based on MSN, everyone would be crying foul about this little part.
                        Translations provided by Google.

                        Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          So why is everyone excited about Google reading your email through their service?

                          Your emails are going to be spidered and indexed in order to provide the targetted emails. Sorry, I'll stick with my current email system which allows me to have 60 Gigabytes of storage if I want.


                          http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44454-2004Apr2.html
                          (requires free registration)

                          If this was a service based on MSN, everyone would be crying foul about this little part.
                          i think that's an especially valid point, i'll soon give up all of my free accounts bar 1 anyway

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            So why is everyone excited about Google reading your email through their service?
                            "Reading" is a bit far fetched. A machine will be going through the email looking for potential keywords. No human will actually sit and read my messages. Personally I would be more annoyed by the embedded advertisements than by their indexing mechanism.
                            Chen Avinadav
                            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

                            גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Chen
                              Exactly. How many of you would care to discuss it if it wasn't announced today? Just the question "Is this for real" is generating more interest than the service would have gotten on every other day.

                              But it would be pretty funny if it turned out to be a joke, especially if it severely affected the stock market.

                              uhh... this was announced March 31st, not April 1st.

                              Google's joke this year was something about building a lab on the moon.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                For most it's just another free email to add to the ban list.
                                Computer Help Forum
                                An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X