Convert php nuke to vbulletin???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert php nuke to vbulletin???

Hello, I wrote a post like this a long time ago... just wondering if anything has changed?

Question: Can you convert php nuke (database inc.. users/posts) to vbulletin?

I've used php nuke for 2 yrs and now its time to move on and get something better!!!

Thanks in advance...

No, unfortunately we do not have an official PHPNuke import script at this time. You can try checking at vbulletin.org to see if there's an unofficial one.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The phpBB importer will deal with the users at the moment.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        You can try checking at vbulletin.org to see if there's an unofficial one.
        Thanks for the replys... I was able to sign up to vbulletin.org, but I have to own a vbulletin board in order to post a thread, can anyone help me out?

Regards,

Comment

I've seen a few posts on there about nuke->vB2 , I've not seen any details about what it imported and what it didn't.

The phpBB->vB3 one will do the users if they are synced, because they are basically the same but I've not written a nuke importer yet.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by PeterB
            Thanks for the replys... I was able to sign up to vbulletin.org, but I have to own a vbulletin board in order to post a thread, can anyone help me out?

Regards,
            You can post in the Pre-Sales forum.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i would seriously consider purchasing if there was a solid method of importing my php nuke phpbb forum over to vb3

Comment

Another member has found a path using the phpBB importer to get to vB3, but there will be seprate nuke importer.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Moo
                  i would seriously consider purchasing if there was a solid method of importing my php nuke phpbb forum over to vb3
                  I would worry about the threads later personally,'
                  The importance is really in the users

99% sure someone at vb.org can import data to vbulletin once its already

Once vbulletin is already installed , it would make it much easier to make a importer for posts, would it not?
                  I dont know personally, but i would assume so

- Jerry -
                  Whats the easiest to import from and the hardest, what is most successful?
                  Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Fri 7 May '04, 3:23pm.
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

The phpBB2 importer does import the users and there is a way of modifying the board from a current nuke install so that it works.

The worst is ubb.classic, it is by far the most difficult. File based and random perl delimiters.

The best so far is probably phpBB because I've had most constructive feedback on that so I've been pointed at the bugs and sorted a lot of them. wBB was very easy because of the similarities in the database.

I'm looking forward to myBB or some thing like that where the database schemas are very similar.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                      I'm looking forward to myBB or some thing like that where the database schemas are very similar.
                      Doesn't that suggest that they copied?

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
                        Doesn't that suggest that they copied?
                        I'm just saying that when I look at the schemas last when I was reviewing all the products and thinking about how to design the importers, there were some that had similar schemas to vB, some were closer than others. When a piece of software does a similar job to another there are going to be some similarities.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                          The phpBB2 importer does import the users and there is a way of modifying the board from a current nuke install so that it works.

The worst is ubb.classic, it is by far the most difficult. File based and random perl delimiters.

The best so far is probably phpBB because I've had most constructive feedback on that so I've been pointed at the bugs and sorted a lot of them. wBB was very easy because of the similarities in the database.

They still havent gotten away from perl? A big mistake with compatibility and overall performance, is due to using perl in my opinion.
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                            They still havent gotten away from perl? A big mistake with compatibility and overall performance, is due to using perl in my opinion.
                            I know perl has some real strengths in some areas, horses for courses, just like most things. Though I really don't like it for anything more than reporting or basic shell scripting.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X