Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My site viewed with Macintosh ??!!

Hello all.

I have been informed that my website cannot be viewed with a Mac.
    Could anyone please confirm this?

http://www.synthpopavenue.gr/

I really have no idea why this could be happening

Any input would be much appreciated.

someone lied to you.

osx 10.3.3, camino, firefox, mozilla, safari, ie - works. some table issues here and there, but works.
    baseboard.net - a designers sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by sock
      someone lied to you.

osx 10.3.3, camino, firefox, mozilla, safari, ie - works. some table issues here and there, but works.
      Thanx for the feedback.

So far 3 people have told me that it is not viewable with mac.

The last one told me that the problem is with the frontpage and not with the forum...

He was using IE.
      I will try to find out more details (versions, etc).

Comment

As IE5.x is the most current for the mac, and there wont EVER be a new version they should switch to Firefox or Camino or Mozilla

Comment

actually, you are correct - home page will not render in internet explorer

you may want to take this bit of code out of the home page "ÿ<thorn>" right before the doctype is declared...

actually, you may not even have that code in any templates, and it's just a php/ie bug, i don't know... that code doesn't appear in other browsers' viewed source
          baseboard.net - a designers sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by sock
            actually, you are correct - home page will not render in internet explorer

you may want to take this bit of code out of the home page "ÿ<thorn>" right before the doctype is declared...

actually, you may not even have that code in any templates, and it's just a php/ie bug, i don't know... that code doesn't appear in other browsers' viewed source
            This is really strange.
            I have (windows) IE 6.0.2800 and when I view the source this "ÿ<thorn>" does not appear.

However, if you type "synthpop avenue" (without the quotes) in GOOGLE.com, you get a similar thing - check the attached photo

So even though I have no idea what the prob is exactly, it has to be related to these strange symbols.... which cannot be found in the page when I view the source...
            Attached Files

Comment

That IS really strange... just confirming non working on IE mac, works perfect in Safari though... for the good of the mac community, just leave it - tell people to ditch old IE and use Safari etc..
              RussellGreenwood
              http://forums.buffydownunder.com

Comment

A few days ago I had a report from someone that he has a similar problem when he tries to view the frontpage with Opera (2 times out of 5). Strange symbols, etc...

This is really bad as the user uses Opera/Windows, so there's got to be something wrong with the page (or must have been) regardless of the operating system.

I changed some lines related to the encoding of the page.

Could anyone try again to view the page via IE5 on a Mac, and give me feedback?
                Maybe if the page is viewed fine there, then the prob is indeed corrected.

thanx in advance.
                Last edited by stark427; Tue 20 Apr '04, 5:44am.

Comment

ÿfi<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"...blah blah blah....
                  IE5/Mac

Mark
                  Mark

Comment

This is sad

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X