Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

License Agreement step when downloading vB! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Agreement step when downloading vB! :)

So I was downloading vB3 Gold (to see if a certain something had been updated yet), and I get a step after hitting Download, that makes me read the LA and hit a checkbox.

Well, I just wanna say that I think that's a good decision. This makes it more clear to people that there is a license agreement they really should read, something that I kinda missed before.

And I'm sure that this has nooooothing to do with the whole debate on the vBHosting hack...

Seriously though, Kier & Co, good call here. <- now turn that into a thumbs-up smilie [email protected]!!twofive!!2!1!

Anyone else noticed it ?

Yep, noticed it when I woke up 3 hours ago too. Great job devs, good improvement. I clicked on the download for v3 and it didn't popup the usual 'save to disk' window and i went 'UGH' - thankfully I was just presented with a second screen
    Last edited by Floris; Sat 27 Mar '04, 1:24am.

Comment

Yeah I was a little surprised at first, too. But then I saw what it was and it was a pleasant surprise

Comment

Has the License changed though?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCHeSSS
          Has the License changed though?
          No it hasn't. We just want to be sure people remember that they are bound by the license.

Comment

I like this, even though most don't read EULA's and what not. it's still a good idea, cause you can't claim you didn't know, and it's never a valid excuse that you didn't read it.

Comment

I actually took the time and read the licence agreement and most of the manual..
              This is the only time i've read that stuff..
              This is also the only software i read the agreement and manual for.
              Let the flames begin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X