9600XT "Ultimate Edition" 128MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9600XT "Ultimate Edition" 128MB

I'm looking at this card: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...102-342&depa=1

Who here uses the 9600xt? Is it a good card? My GF3 TI-200 works perfectly even on modern games i've tried. I'm thinking of upgrading my card and selling it to a neighbor who might need it. I'm curious how long this card would last as a card to use? I've had my TI-200 for about 3-4 years and it's still lasting me today. I'm also looking for dual outputs for dual monitors so it interests me. Is it worth the price? My TI-200 cost me $120 then, and the TI-200 that was bought for a friend was $90 last year.

It looks like it comes with a free HL2 coupon which is worth $50 and i'm planning to sell mine for around $60.
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Besides the 'ultimate' being grabbed out of the air, it is a nice card. Oh, and besides them asking quite some money for it. The clock speeds are lower then the XT in my country and there doesn't seem to be a video in. I really don't understand why sapphire is tagging it ultimate. I just noticed there isn't a tv tuner either. This is a ultimate barebone

ASUS Radeon 9600XT /TVD, 128 MB (tv out / video in) with the same clockspeeds for the same price and better cooling (less noice too).

I think it might be worth to browse around a bit more.

But besides that: The 9600 XT is a great card.

Comment

In my eyes it would cost only $70. $60 for my current card and $50 HL game = $70. I could buy it else ware. I'm not looking for the top-of-the-line just an upgrade as i'm not in a pissing contest with others. I would buy their 'lower' edition as it is $20 cheaper, but it does not come 'retail' or with a HL2 coupon.

I'm not looking for an AIW card as I have a TV tuner already (Winfast TV200 XP Deluxe). Right now i'm not intending to buy today, tomorrow or in the next week. Just setting a baseline for something i'm interested in.

Comment

Isn't half life 2 coupan for one of their lower editions? (hl2 comes in a few flavours) and isn't it moved 12 months up in development?

Comment

I don't know anything about HL2 and I don't really care. It's a bonus to me. HL2 is coming in flavors? Where did you read that as i'm curious.

Comment

Just a bit of warning IDN that newegg isn't the cheapeset place to shop anymore. I found a few local places in my area that is cheaper than newegg in many things
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Yes, NewEgg is losing value IMO as they do not carry most older (Less then 6 months and less popular) items. It's really a baseline to fine products as they have good information and images. I plan to do a search for a good price from a good store when I come to a decision to buy.

I still do enjoy NewEgg for their customer services, their pricing, their quality of service and shipping and would shop there any day without a hitch. It's nice to order from them for more money when you are planning to buy a load of things and not from separate dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
                .. I don't really care. .. (HL2 is coming in flavors? Where did you read that as i'm curious.) ..

Numerous of games web sites ..

Comment

You do not need to get an attitude problem. I have not followed the HL2 status and you could of lead me in the right direction instead of being sarcastic and rude.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X