Content Management System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Management System

Hi, does anyone know of a good Content Management System that has a news poster/publisher and a navigation bar on the left where you can add links without adding "modules" and is fully customizable?

Sorry for the bad spelling/grammar, I am trying to type this before I leave.

bump

Comment

I'm guessing you haven't searched have you?A simple search for 'CMS*' and 'Content Management System' will find you many opinions here. I still support MiraServer.
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by briangumble
        Hi, does anyone know of a good Content Management System that has a news poster/publisher and a navigation bar on the left where you can add links without adding "modules" and is fully customizable?

Sorry for the bad spelling/grammar, I am trying to type this before I leave.
        Virtuanews

www.virtuanews.co.uk
        I use that like many others
        TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

I was thinking of getting "php-nuke" I used it before and I didnt really like it but I did not use it that much and it may be the only thing left. I just need a answer to this. When I used it you had to add "modules" to add links to the navigation bar. Can I add a link to my vbulletin forums on the navigation bar without adding modules? That is the only way I can put a link to my forums there so can I do it?

Comment

Miraserver is flexible and intergrates with vBulletin. www.miraserver.com

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
              Miraserver is flexible and intergrates with vBulletin. www.miraserver.com
              It looks good but I don't have that kind of money, I already spent $100 on the web site. I dont need phpnuke to integrate with vbulletin I just need it to place a link to it on the navigation bar. Can it do that? If it can I will use phpnuke.

Comment

I think AvidNews (avidnews.avidnewmedia.com) is pretty cool. It's not overloaded with features, but the ones it does have are powerful .

Comment

Well Im using 'Mambo' So far so good. I did not care about the integration with VB, and the price was right... FREE. You can see my Mambo setup by clicking on my siggy, and you can go directly there by going to: http://mamboserver.com
                  Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

Originally posted by louisl
                    Well Im using 'Mambo' So far so good. I did not care about the integration with VB, and the price was right... FREE. You can see my Mambo setup by clicking on my siggy, and you can go directly there by going to: http://mamboserver.com
                    If phpnuke cant do what i want it to do then I will probably use Mambo. Now can someone please tell me if you can add links the the navigation bar in phpnuke without adding modules? Thats all I need to know. Someone just give me a yes or no. Just type yes or no in the quick reply box and push submit. ANYONE!

Comment

No.*

*I don't know the answer, you asked for someone to type yes or no and I gave you a 'no'.

Comment

Yes you can. Why not just install it and see for yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by hankster
                          Yes you can. Why not just install it and see for yourself?
                          I had it installed before on another site but I couldent figure out how to do it. There were no support forums or anything to go to and all I read was how to do it was to add "modules", how do you add links without adding modules?

Comment

phpnuke site at http://www.phpnuke.org

Might also look at PostNuke at http://www.postnuke.com

Comment

Dont use PHPnuke it sucks so bad. It is not even valid html 4 code when almost all other cms's are. Use either Postnuke(used to be bad but is very much improved), or Xaraya(great coding very reliable, but is lacking some very important features.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X