Why vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why vBulletin?

I'm a student in the process of restarting a forum for my college campus community with the cooperation of the campus webmaster and others. Having grown accustomed to the interface of vBulletin 3, I'd like them to upgrade from UBB Threads to vBulletin.

My problem is I need a solid case for why they should make this switch beside "just because I like it more." I was about to start researching, when I realized the best solution would be to post on the official forums and let the users tell me why they thought it was better. Can you help me out?
    Matt Lincoln Russell
    Owner, developer
    http://icrontic.com

Fast, very easy to configure. Template Conditionals are very powerful along with the usergroup settings. Much much more features then UBB.

Comment

Unfortunately, you're going to get a very biased opinion posting on vBulletin's forums.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
      http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by Ksilebo
        Unfortunately, you're going to get a very biased opinion posting on vBulletin's forums.
        Good point, but these arguments for vBulletn are true.

I've used nearly all the popular ones (including UBB, Invision, vB) and I can say this from personal experince, just like many others here
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

I will agree that most of us here will be slightly baises, but most of us here have also used all the other softwares

Comment

Which is exactly what he is looking for....someone who agrees that the software is good and he wants to know why we think it's good.

perosnally, I've always enjoyed a vB forum as a user. I remember spending hours messing with all the options when I first joined a vB forum and it had me hooked, I want to bring that to my users.
            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              I will agree that most of us here will be slightly baises, but most of us here have also used all the other softwares
              We have the same bias towards vBulletin as IPB users have to IPB.

Comment

Originally posted by General Keebler
                I'm a student in the process of restarting a forum for my college campus community with the cooperation of the campus webmaster and others. Having grown accustomed to the interface of vBulletin 3, I'd like them to upgrade from UBB Threads to vBulletin.

My problem is I need a solid case for why they should make this switch beside "just because I like it more." I was about to start researching, when I realized the best solution would be to post on the official forums and let the users tell me why they thought it was better. Can you help me out?

The best thing for you to do is to try out vB3,IPB,phpBB etc.... and see which one will suit you better.

Comment

1. Great Customer Support
                  2. Reliability
                  3. Performance
                  You're my Prince of Peace
                  And I will live my life for You

Comment

And there are some of us that us different forum software for different sites/clients. On a popular forum site, WHT (webhostingtalk.com), there are many threads there talking about forum proggies and most of them, many favour vB first, following by IPB, phpBB and one or two others. The site mentioned uses vB.

Too me, the vB3 admin CP has the most customizations options I've even seen. Probably could wash the clothes with the right mods!
                    Kim

Comment

Try doing a search on here. This subject get brought up several times a month, so there are hundreds, if not thousands of opinions alread out there.

Comment

vBulletin is awsome...
                        (that basically tells you why you should get it )

vBulletin is the forum software that is nearly everywhere..

vBulletin is fast, easy, and a reliable forum software.

vBulletin probably has the fastest and easiest installation or upgrade.

You can install skins very easily. There are many vBulletin code hacks at vBulletin.org, and skins can be found in many places, vbulletintemplates.com for example. Basically, you have everything you need in the vBulletin network itself
                        Let the flames begin.

Comment

If it hasn't already been said, large userbase and community, and network sites such as vB.org vBT.com in case you ever need help

Comment

vBulletin has more features than UBB and does it at less server resources. Its name is recognized by people worldwide and is thought of to be the best message board software out there.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks for so many responses! As Vile said, I am a bit biased so I don't mind similar responses. Because this is going to be a semi-formal proposal, more specific comparison points would be very helpful to me. Thanks!
                              Matt Lincoln Russell
                              Owner, developer
                              http://icrontic.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X