Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogmuk
    Are those free to for us to use?

If so, you wouldn't have an invis button like that too, would you?
    Sure you can use them. If i wanted too keep them for myself i wouldnt have posted them here. Oh.. is there a invisible one?

*poof*

As you can see they are real simple, but on some forums they will be a improvement i think.

Comment

Why would Kier do the graphics if he were a coder?

Comment

Originally posted by Gio Takahashi
        I think Kier should've just done his own way instead of following the trend.
        What trend was followed. I just took a look over at Ikonboard, Invision Board, phpBB and now here, and these buttons look different from the rest. Ikonboard's images all look serious, Invision's have a certain look to them (I can't really desribe it) and phpBB's look silvery.

The closed that comes to the "cartoon" look are IPB's post icons.

So, I am slightly perplexed. Making larger buttons may be the trend, but the cartoon-ish type look is not.

I don't think that they followed a trend at all. My belief was that it was to bring color to an otherwise plain-jane look. And it succeeds. I personally like it.
        | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
        |
        Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

We wound up using a mix of RC4, Gold, and custom images.
          Computer Help Forum
          An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

I was pleased with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemon
              Why would Kier do the graphics if he were a coder?
              I thought Kier was a 3D artist too?

Btw may we have access to your lightwave files?
              www.xixora.com
              Goldrush : A Soldier of Fortune Modification going for the GOLD!

Comment

With the default (vBulletin 3 White) style, the buttons look awesome. Taking the default buttons and placing them on your custom style isn't what Kier intended for. People need to be patient and understand that we are sitting on a community of graphic artists and nerds. There is bound to be various button packs released by community members for everyone with black, red, pink, blue and etc backgrounds. I think Kier did an excellent job.
                Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

tgillespie, this is the problem, one thing i have always liked about vb is the buttons, they are always been suit for any design basically.

I look at these buttons and they are big and shunky, i don't want to rely on 3rd party people, i want a product released that i can use with little modifing if any at all (except a few color changes).

But still, how come these graphics were shown to us before hand? i beileve user testing is important, it has helped vb3 with its year long beta, how come the graphics wern't tested? this is what i find annoying as this issue could of been resolved before the final was release.

Nothing will change now untill 3.1, which i have heard will be less than 6 months away, but still i would like to see the gaphics resolved, even if a second set which were vb2 style were released i would be a lot more happy than the current ones.

Comment

If, and when, we release new or revised images, it will not be reliant on a new release of vBulletin.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the Gamma/RC buttons were attached to a thread and are avaliable to download.
                      | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                      |
                      Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraBrain
                        Sure you can use them. If i wanted too keep them for myself i wouldnt have posted them here. Oh.. is there a invisible one?

*poof*

As you can see they are real simple, but on some forums they will be a improvement i think.

They are great When can I see the full poof.zip with .psd's ? I'd love that! This looks promising. Instead of invisible, could you make a 'anonymous' or give the .psd so I could translate it to multiple languages? Would be cool.

Comment

There is no full *poof* zip
                          I made these because someone said the included ones looked horrible. I also don't have the PSD's because the *poof* proggie i make them with only exports the finished product as GIF or JPG, but if you have a request just ask, it's a few seconds work for me

Here is the anonymous version:
                          And i see you are Dutch like me, so here's the Dutch one:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X