No announcement yet.

vB3 Final Report Card - Graphics

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vB3 Final Report Card - Graphics

    I'm just curious as to what you all thought of the vB3 Final graphics package. Please vote and let the numbers speak for themselves. Thanks.
    I was pleased with it.
    I was disappointed.
    Neither - I am using my own graphics.

  • #2
    I like them... but I will continue to use our own graphics which fit with our theme better.
    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.


    • #3
      I don't think they're that bad. I've customised them for my own forums, haven't had any complaints so far.


      • #4
        I'm using my own graphics... but they're good. I like them.
        Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter


        • #5
          Yeah they look really good on your forums Marco, I think actually with this defauly VB3 layout they dont look so good.


          • #6
            I think that many of the buttons are simply not needed in the first place and should be replaced with text. "Post Reply" doesn't need a button, Quote doesn't, Report Post doesn't, etc.

            I am redesigning my site when I upgrade to vB3 to be mostly textual and rely heavily on CSS. That gives the illusion of graphics, allows for a beautiful design, and does not sacrifice on download times or accessibility.
            --filburt1, moderator
            Web Design vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users


            • #7
              The only graphics I am not using are the two big ones, the post reply and quote buttons, they don't match my colors and I haven't played with photoshop enough to change them.

              Other than that, I love 3.0 gold!


              • #8
                I like these graphics much more


                • #9
                  Im not too keen on the graphics, was hoping for something more - I dont know what, but more.

                  Maybe they will grow on me - we'll see


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nicholas Brown
                    Im not too keen on the graphics, was hoping for something more - I dont know what, but more.

                    Maybe they will grow on me - we'll see
                    I guess I like 75% of the new graphics and dislike the other 25%. The ones I really dislike are the smilies, which I won't be using, and the showthread buttons. Everything else is good enough to use until I can come up with something custom.

                    Even though the percentage of graphics that I liked versus those disliked was in favor of the former, I was a bit disappointed with the graphics overall. There does not seem to be any true continuity in the general look and feel of them when you compare it to something like Invision's default graphics pack.

                    But of course vB3 stomps Invision into the ground on all other areas.


                    • #11
                      Whatever the case, the offline/online icon in posts is absolutly horrendous :-|


                      • #12
                        well ive been browsing, and im disliking the graphics even more.
                        The folder icons at the top of the page that form the tree look tacky, the new thread/reply, and postbit icons dont go with the style, and the icons on the index page are just nasty

                        oh and the smilies...they look really tacky

                        think i'll either use the RC4 images when i buy vB again shortly, or have to make my own

                        please dont take this the wrong way...ive been a vB worshiper since v1 - the overall product is still great in my opinion


                        • #13
                          They're alright, I was hoping for something a little better. Everything looks outstanding in the full size they are found in the PSD's

                          I went back to the old graphics. Mostly because of the post indicators -- I couldn't get used to the new ones


                          • #14
                            Lets say the only graphics I like is the IP and report button. Only graphic I kept was the IP button. Report button is nice, but it doesn't stand out for the non-tech users at my forum.
                            Running vB since 4-14-2002


                            • #15
                              They're alright...some of them I'm using some are being recreated, etc...

                              I don't like the smilies much.



                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.