• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Floris

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Sijo
    I'm using the grey style and the images have white spots on the edges..very ugly I don't like the new smilies either and the icon that tells that a person is online is just ugly...I mean why is it green

However, I do like the new status icons
    First time I read this your comment was read ".. on my own forum".
    Now I re-read it and I think you might meant ".. on this forum".

If you don't have a license, and not running a board, my apologies.
    If you have a license, it is always smart to set your access up properly the enjoy vb to the fullest

Leave a comment:

• Sijo
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    In order to use the support forums here, you must enter your email address in the form located at: http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php
    I thought this was the ChitChat Forum...so if I was putting in my license information would you actually change the icons for me on this forum?
    I'm not sure why you posted this btw I didn't make any request for support at all!

Leave a comment:

• qxh

• Rapid Gaming
    replied
    I love the buttons, although the smilies aren't wowable IMO. Don't get me wrong, they're great - Much better than the old ones.... I just prefer animated ones.

Leave a comment:

• Lurk

• Lurk
    replied
    these forums are awsome!

i can't believe they released somthing this amazing.

The graphics is what amazes me the most.

Leave a comment:

• Floris

• Floris
    replied
    I'm using the grey style and the images have white spots on the edges..very ugly I don't like the new smilies either and the icon that tells that a person is online is just ugly...I mean why is it green

In order to use the support forums here, you must enter your email address in the form located at: http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php

Leave a comment:

• MasterMac

• MasterMac
    replied

The green and red colors for online status probably came from ICQ, as they used green and red for online indicators too.

Leave a comment:

• louisl

• louisl
    replied
    Originally posted by Crucial_Lee
    Nah, vB3 gold looks really good, gonna get it on my site soon!
    What's different? Other than some new buttons, and colored smilies! I know things on the back end may be tighter, but All I kept reading about was ths new graphics set. I like the post icon (clipboard) but the rest is nothing new Im going to have to play a while, and see what I use. There are other areas as well that need tweaking, but that a personal preference.

:Edit: As I look at it more and more I agree with the others, they dont seem to fit togther.
    louisl
    Last edited by louisl; Sat 20 Mar '04, 6:26am.

Leave a comment:

• Sijo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Crucial_Lee

• Crucial_Lee
    replied
    Nah, vB3 gold looks really good, gonna get it on my site soon!

Leave a comment:

• merk

• merk
    replied
    I totally agree, i love the product and the general style, but i was expecting the rest of the smilies and buttons to go with the new images that we're previously used (mainly the collapse/expand buttons).

It is a shame and while people might like them im definatly going to have to either use the old buttons or hire someone who is a good button artist to create buttons that go better with the default style.

That being said, my styles are no longer default, but i would still like to have buttons that go with the general layout more.

Maybe removing the gradients from the buttons might change their appearance (and shrinking the forumhome and newpost indicators)

edit: I just tried to remove the "button" layer and leave the "colour" layer inthe large text buttons, it worked very well to create a less cartoony button. I really do appreciate the time spent now ive seen the large size of the icons. Maybe they will be useful to create a less bubbly feel
    merk
    Last edited by merk; Fri 19 Mar '04, 10:17pm.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel

• DirectPixel
    replied
    I agree. MInus the IPB part.

The icons for on forumhome's stats boxes are okay, but I can't stand the rest. The style doesn't seem to be as well-defined anymore, since you've got straight-edged rectangular boxes and stuff, while you have cartoony rounded and soft-edged buttons.

Leave a comment:

• Mainer82

• Mainer82
    replied
    Yea, I do not like these new images at all. Makes me feel like I'm using IPB....

Leave a comment:

• sabret00the

• sabret00the
    replied
    i think it's ugly and don't fit together. never been a fan of multi coloured smilies.

and with the way the rest of the skin is, double borders, very (boring) professional look, the rest just don't fit IMHO ofcourse.

i'll probably not use any of the new graphics :S

bar

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie

• tgillespie
    replied
    I would have to say that I really do like the new buttons and smilies. It really does help the more forum illiterate realize wtf is going on. Let’s just hope someone is willing to spend some time creating a series of buttons sets that will work with darker backgrounds

Leave a comment:

• MasterMac

• MasterMac
    replied
    Now we just need something like this for vB3 and we'll be set

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X