X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sabret00the
    replied
    Originally posted by Faruk
    There are far worse things doing damage to Jelsoft's professionalism than that. I think it shows a certain amount of professionalism, being able to not be 100% formal and business-oriented every so often. In the internet world, the ever-formal guys have always lost to the informal ones, y'know...
    forums are about long term informal relationships, that's what regs are, no matter how much you want to be form it's about relationships.

it's like show **** would it be to not have the vB team posting in chit chat.

it's like xenons humour

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    I see the humor but given that it was posted as an official Jelsoft announcement, I think more professionalism is in order for future announcements.
    There are far worse things doing damage to Jelsoft's professionalism than that. I think it shows a certain amount of professionalism, being able to not be 100% formal and business-oriented every so often. In the internet world, the ever-formal guys have always lost to the informal ones, y'know...

Leave a comment:

• XiXora
    replied
    i just thought, ha gutted people waiting on it. then was gonna close the window and saw scroll bar.. then thought "cheeky little bugger"

Leave a comment:

• Arkham
    replied
    I see the humor but given that it was posted as an official Jelsoft announcement, I think more professionalism is in order for future announcements.
    Whooops! Sounds like someone was fooled...

Leave a comment:

• FSlogik
    replied
    I almsot cried..

Leave a comment:

• cirisme
    replied
    Hehehe... I saw the announcement in the last post column and immediately check the corner and I thought it was odd that they would release an RC5 when they are running RC4.

I think it's funny. At first I thought it was unprofessional but lighten up. We need more unprofessionals like this... it keeps us sane.

Leave a comment:

• sabret00the
    replied
    everyones allowed to cause a giggle or two, as someone else said, why would they release RC5 and not upgrade the forums.

Leave a comment:

• TheComputerGuy
    replied
    I started to get a little angry and felt so stupid! Good one Kier!

Leave a comment:

• Gio Takahashi
    replied
    Come on guys, filburt is stating his opinion, that was a horribly bad joke Kier did, but hey, showing off sense of humor every now and then was good.

I mean DAMn my mouth was hanging open when I saw that title. Kier, that was so bad LMAO.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnt06
    replied
    If that happens, I will personally hold you, Martin, for ransom. :P

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    hey, filburt is entitled to his opinion, too. let's not start bashing people or it will be RC6 next.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. HillBilly
    replied
    I realize that it is in good fun. However, the end result is that it reflect poorly upon Jelsoft. There are many people--and businesses--that are waiting for the final stable release to upgrade their sites, and posting deceptive announcements is not a good way of appearing professional.

I see the humor but there is a place for it, and making false announcements as a Jelsoft representive directly reflects upon Jelsoft itself as a business. It would have been far more professional to post an announcement with a title of "vB3 Final to be released soon" and the appropriate text.

I do suppose I more than walked right into this one, though, but I stand by my opinions.
    Give it up filburt1, go back to your hole.

This is really only the first time they have done it. I myself thought it was funny. They are about to release a major forum software so hell if I was kier I would have done the same thing. Anyways they stated that there was no more RCs.

Leave a comment:

• Hyper22Shadow
    replied
    Well yeah, I can see the point in that. But it was still just in good fun.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    [23:09] <@patrick> "today in uk, a horde of angry webmasters did a door to door search in reading looking for vbulletin developer '****'"
    Is **** censored? lol

EDIT: I guess Kier got tired of people misspelling his name.

Leave a comment:

• Breaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Chroder
    I like how Kier always keeps things light. Some "other" places are so professional, there's no emotion in it, its like a machine just printing out messages.
    well seing emotion in a block of text is like reading a machine printing out messages really

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X