X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Gwynne
    Professional's aren't allowed to joke? Where's that rule written...
    I realize that it is in good fun. However, the end result is that it reflect poorly upon Jelsoft. There are many people--and businesses--that are waiting for the final stable release to upgrade their sites, and posting deceptive announcements is not a good way of appearing professional.

I see the humor but there is a place for it, and making false announcements as a Jelsoft representive directly reflects upon Jelsoft itself as a business. It would have been far more professional to post an announcement with a title of "vB3 Final to be released soon" and the appropriate text.

I do suppose I more than walked right into this one, though, but I stand by my opinions.

Leave a comment:

• Blade-uk
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    I see the humor but given that it was posted as an official Jelsoft announcement, I think more professionalism is in order for future announcements.
    dude, get a life will ya, lol, i mean C'MON. Get that stick removed from your arse will ya.

Leave a comment:

• Sephiroth189
    replied
    Whatever My tabbed windows died so i couldnt remember @Hyper

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    I see the humor but given that it was posted as an official Jelsoft announcement, I think more professionalism is in order for future announcements.
    I like how Kier always keeps things light. Some "other" places are so professional, there's no emotion in it, its like a machine just printing out messages.

Leave a comment:

• Cloud Strife
    replied
    I thought it was quite amusing...

Leave a comment:

• Hyper22Shadow
    replied
    No... More like this:

sephiroth: KIER IS ON
    sephiroth: VIEWING ANNOUNCEMENT FORUM
    me:
    sephiroth: ...finally a status update...i hope
    sephiroth: WHAT!?!
    sephiroth: NO!
    sephiroth: VB3 RC5!?
    me: WTF
    sephiroth: OH **** LOLOL
    sephiroth: Now that had you going didn't it!!!
    vBulletin 3.0.0 'Gold' will be released in the next few hours
    me: lol
    me: I knew he'd do that
    me: I had a vision
    me: REMEMBER?

Maybe that was your chat with Storm

Leave a comment:

• Chris Gwynne
    replied
    Professional's aren't allowed to joke? Where's that rule written...

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Pffffffffft.
    Showing your cust. that you understand what they are waiting for and giving them some info on a level that isn't uptight is more welcome to me

Leave a comment:

• Sephiroth189
    replied
    Me at first look: WHAT!? NUUUU! *cries*
    Hyper22Shadow: scroll down >.>
    Me: .....LOL

Leave a comment:

• Hyper22Shadow
    replied
    All in good fun.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Breaker
    replied
    the devil is among this forum, first kier scares everyone who is waiting for gold and then 666 appears on the page

Leave a comment:

• Loyalty4Life
    replied
    Seeing the RC5 thread in the announcement forum but not the announcement discussion forum made me question the validity of the thread before I even viewed it. So there.

Leave a comment:

• BlueFlame
    replied
    Honestly it gets most of the people thinking, rather then hit F5 every few seconds

Leave a comment:

• WildEye
    replied
    Had me going there... thought my line laged downloading the images or whatever was posted

*very wevil!*

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X