Kier is a very very evil man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filburt1
    I see the humor but given that it was posted as an official Jelsoft announcement, I think more professionalism is in order for future announcements.
    Pffffffffft.
    Showing your cust. that you understand what they are waiting for and giving them some info on a level that isn't uptight is more welcome to me

Comment

I see the humor but given that it was posted as an official Jelsoft announcement, I think more professionalism is in order for future announcements.
      Professional's aren't allowed to joke? Where's that rule written...

Comment

No... More like this:

sephiroth: KIER IS ON
        sephiroth: VIEWING ANNOUNCEMENT FORUM
        me:
        sephiroth: ...finally a status update...i hope
        sephiroth: WHAT!?!
        sephiroth: NO!
        sephiroth: VB3 RC5!?
        me: WTF
        sephiroth: OH **** LOLOL
        sephiroth: Now that had you going didn't it!!!
        vBulletin 3.0.0 'Gold' will be released in the next few hours
        me: lol
        me: I knew he'd do that
        me: I had a vision
        me: REMEMBER?

Maybe that was your chat with Storm

Comment

I thought it was quite amusing...

Comment

I like how Kier always keeps things light. Some "other" places are so professional, there's no emotion in it, its like a machine just printing out messages.

Comment

Whatever My tabbed windows died so i couldnt remember @Hyper

Comment

dude, get a life will ya, lol, i mean C'MON. Get that stick removed from your arse will ya.
                http://www.eteknix.com/images/misc/vbulletin4_logo.png
                eTeknix.com - http://www.eteknix.com
                eTeknix Forums - http://forums.eteknix.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Gwynne
                  Professional's aren't allowed to joke? Where's that rule written...
                  I realize that it is in good fun. However, the end result is that it reflect poorly upon Jelsoft. There are many people--and businesses--that are waiting for the final stable release to upgrade their sites, and posting deceptive announcements is not a good way of appearing professional.

I see the humor but there is a place for it, and making false announcements as a Jelsoft representive directly reflects upon Jelsoft itself as a business. It would have been far more professional to post an announcement with a title of "vB3 Final to be released soon" and the appropriate text.

I do suppose I more than walked right into this one, though, but I stand by my opinions.
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Chroder
                    I like how Kier always keeps things light. Some "other" places are so professional, there's no emotion in it, its like a machine just printing out messages.
                    well seing emotion in a block of text is like reading a machine printing out messages really
                    Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                      [23:09] <@patrick> "today in uk, a horde of angry webmasters did a door to door search in reading looking for vbulletin developer '****'"
                      Is **** censored? lol

EDIT: I guess Kier got tired of people misspelling his name.

Comment

Well yeah, I can see the point in that. But it was still just in good fun.

Comment

I realize that it is in good fun. However, the end result is that it reflect poorly upon Jelsoft. There are many people--and businesses--that are waiting for the final stable release to upgrade their sites, and posting deceptive announcements is not a good way of appearing professional.

I see the humor but there is a place for it, and making false announcements as a Jelsoft representive directly reflects upon Jelsoft itself as a business. It would have been far more professional to post an announcement with a title of "vB3 Final to be released soon" and the appropriate text.

I do suppose I more than walked right into this one, though, but I stand by my opinions.
                          Give it up filburt1, go back to your hole.

This is really only the first time they have done it. I myself thought it was funny. They are about to release a major forum software so hell if I was kier I would have done the same thing. Anyways they stated that there was no more RCs.

Comment

hey, filburt is entitled to his opinion, too. let's not start bashing people or it will be RC6 next.
                            Webmaster:
                            @forumz

Comment

If that happens, I will personally hold you, Martin, for ransom. :P

Comment

Come on guys, filburt is stating his opinion, that was a horribly bad joke Kier did, but hey, showing off sense of humor every now and then was good.

I mean DAMn my mouth was hanging open when I saw that title. Kier, that was so bad LMAO.
                                Gio Takahashi
                                Owner of www.unitedempire.net
                                The Website and The Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X