VB3 'gold' features? specifically importers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB3 'gold' features? specifically importers

I've been digging around looking for some info on if/when the phpBB2 to vB3 will be avail. Just bought and installed rc4 and need to know if the gold version coming out later this week will have the phpbb2 importer script, or should i not wait and delete 3 and install 2.x and then upgrade to gold later?

Sorry if i missed it somewhere,
    -Dana
    Last edited by tryckjävel; Tue 16th Mar '04, 7:32pm. Reason: fixed spelling in title oops

Looks like the phpBB2 -> vB3 importer is done. It should be shipping with vB3 gold, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

sweet, i'll hold out till its ready. Is there a working change log somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by tryckjävel
        Is there a working change log somewhere?
        Between 2.3.4 and 3.0? Not really. Not even sure if one is possible really. The only thing that is comparable between the two systems is that they both carry the name vBulletin and portray a similar interface.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Change Log
          2.3.4 - Classic
          3.0.0 - "New"

Shane
          CIO, FrakMedia.net
          Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

Comment

I still prefer 2.3.4, but if you like alot of features and stuff go with vB3 :P

I prefer the more simplistic type thing(2.3.4)

Comment

Besides features, theres alot of optimizations to the code in general. plus 3-4 HUGE reasons just along the lines of bandwith.

Comment

Originally posted by tryckjävel
                sweet, i'll hold out till its ready. Is there a working change log somewhere?
                Change log for the importers or in general ?
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

just in general really. was wondering if someone had been compiling a list of new stuff. Already looks like most if not all the hacks i had in phpBB are included by default (with options too) in vB3.

Comment

The closest you'd get is this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...10&postcount=1

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                      Looks like the phpBB2 -> vB3 importer is done. It should be shipping with vB3 gold, but don't quote me on that.
                      hehe... I quoted you on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                        They will be released the week after vB3, i.e. next week and the phpBB module has been done yes.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                          They will be released the week after vB3, i.e. next week and the phpBB module has been done yes.
                          Jerry, I'm assuming this is the importer I was also waiting for? If we're going to have to wait another week, I cannot express how severly dissapointed I am in this turn of events. I was under the impression it would be released this week.

Comment

Originally posted by drumsy
                            Jerry, I'm assuming this is the importer I was also waiting for? If we're going to have to wait another week, I cannot express how severly dissapointed I am in this turn of events. I was under the impression it would be released this week.
                            Why not use the importer to 2.3.4 and then update to vb3 gold the minutes its out?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X