• Show
Clear All

• someuser190826
    replied
    Proud to be 4th retard

Leave a comment:

• Rancher
    replied
    Three retards chose the option "who is Jelsoft". And I am proud to be one of them.

Leave a comment:

• VodkaFish
    replied
    asp.net forums are more like a pet project within MS compared to a real product. Development seems to be a bit slow so far, but it will definitely come along. However, I don't think it's meant to be a "product", like the way vb is for Jelsoft. There are very few .net forums out there, and almost no good ones (one has potential, that's it). asp.net has the potential to be extremely powerful when used correctly. A forum based on it (whether c# or vb.net) also has the potential to be very powerful. I'm very interested to see where it goes, but IMO it still has a long way to go.

php and mysql works well, no doubt; but for larger sites .net and sql server would probably be a bit quicker and more stable. The one cost difference is indeed the sql server. While I love mysql's quickness and low-cost (yes, a free download still has "cost"), it really needs to add stored procs and triggers. The speed+security is rather nice.

vb happens to work great on win2003 btw.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    It is an ASP.NET forum, not an ASP forum. ASP is an extremely inefficent scripting language. ASP.NET is a framework.

And yes it is free.

Leave a comment:

• Dave-G
    replied
    This Microsoft asp forum, am I correct in thinking it is going to be FREE !! If it is then it will be a threat to Jelsoft in the future

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    You pressed down hard to make sure? The AGP card can look properly inserted but that doesn't mean it is.

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    All cards were properly inserted.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Did you ensure that the AGP card was properly inserted?

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    I'll leave behind the first bits, and just sum up:

1: visual output is shakey, every so often all non-plaintext programs start messing up pixels. I can make a screenshot of this, so it's not the monitor that messes up (we've tested various monitors);
    2: it comes and goes at random;
    3: it's not the hardware, as we've replaced the videocard (Matrox G550) with new ones and they all gave the same result;
    4: latest drivers that I got a while ago made it occur less often, but it's not 100% gone.

Got all windows updates installed (except SP 2 RC 1 of course).

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    How can you be sure? Would you give us your computer's specifications, what versions of software you're running, what exactly happens and what you have tried?

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris|vB
    Php and Mysql is much better.
    PHP and PostgreSQL is even better than that, by far.

@ Shining: got the latest drivers, didn't change anything. It's definitely a Windows XP itself issue.

@ merk: of course

Leave a comment:

• Chris|vB
    replied
    Php and Mysql is much better.

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    Originally posted by Faruk
    56% on my site, with 25%~ Mozilla/Firebird|fox, and the rest is search engines / other.

It all depends on the site, of course...
    I do believe it depends on the site, and you will find more technical related anti-ms based sites will have very few IE users who claim the whole world is using mozilla/etc.

Its funny to see.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Might be a driver issue. Have you tried uninstalling your graphics driver and then installing the latest version from the manufacter?

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    I run it at home on Win2K and it's been very stable there. Here on XP too, except my XP is broken I think. Something with the display that keeps ****ing up every so often. It's not a hardware issue though, we've thoroughly examined that and we're quite sure of it.

I should just install the WinXP Pro that I have lying next to me here... (yes, a license, not a warez ).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X