No announcement yet.

Jelsoft's next competitor, Microsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asp.net forums are more like a pet project within MS compared to a real product. Development seems to be a bit slow so far, but it will definitely come along. However, I don't think it's meant to be a "product", like the way vb is for Jelsoft. There are very few .net forums out there, and almost no good ones (one has potential, that's it). asp.net has the potential to be extremely powerful when used correctly. A forum based on it (whether c# or vb.net) also has the potential to be very powerful. I'm very interested to see where it goes, but IMO it still has a long way to go.

php and mysql works well, no doubt; but for larger sites .net and sql server would probably be a bit quicker and more stable. The one cost difference is indeed the sql server. While I love mysql's quickness and low-cost (yes, a free download still has "cost"), it really needs to add stored procs and triggers. The speed+security is rather nice.

vb happens to work great on win2003 btw.

Comment

• Three retards chose the option "who is Jelsoft". And I am proud to be one of them.

Comment

• Proud to be 4th retard

Comment

Working...
        X