• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 「君にしかできないコトが

testing of long title in Chinese

Its not Chinese, its Japanese....

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say... hiragana and katakana aren't used by Chinese languages. It's all kanji buddy!
      To be updated...

Comment

私は漢字を見たとき、それは私には曲のタイトルのように見えた。とにかく、良い一日を!-- Rik

Comment

「君にしかできないコトが&#12

Still testing.
          title of this post set to:
          「君にしかできないコトがある 青い星に 光がなくせぬように」「君にしかできないコトがある 青い星に光がなくせぬように

Ah, yes, it is definitely Japanese. I was just copying and pasting...

In my forums set to UTF-8, these 59 characters can't be put in a title if the max title length is set at 60. I get an error message saying "The title that you have entered is too long (174 characters). Please shorten it to 60 characters long." Right now, I'm trying to convince vB that it is a bug without any success. Does this happen in your forums, too? (Given you are running in UTF-8 and have posts in any non-Western characters.)

OK, let's see if this post title survives.

Comment

We don't use Japanese in our forums at present so I'm afraid I don't have experience with non-English title lengths and vBulletin.

Just guessing, it seems to me that it takes more bytes to represent each Chinese/Japanese character and so that might be why the title character count is larger than expected?

There are definitely others here who do use Japanese and/or Chinese in their forums so probably a new message would be in order.

-- Rik

PS: I'm curious too since we hope to use Japanese one day in our forums.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X