• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ipodlounge.com

Comment

i vote for ipod....

greeeaaaaaatttt

Comment

I just had to go with ipodlounge for its wonderfully clean, aesthetically pleasing style. I love the on/off icons! There's an elegance in this site's very simplicity. It's "tech" without being derivative of every other tech-oriented community (honestly, if I never see another site that uses 80MB of angular photoshop images to adorn elaborate buttons and postbits ... ! ). Instead, ipodlounge is quick to load -- the fastest on my dialup of this batch of nominees by far -- and immediately stands out for its professional but friendly layout. Everything is well-organized, the images are crisp and sleek, and best of all, the community itself is hopping. For me, there's nothing here I don't like.

My views of the others, FWIW ...

- Skullport was my second-place pick. Imaginative use of genre-appropriate images and colors. Maybe just a bit too visually busy for my taste (which makes me a great steaming hypocrite since my own forum is no treat in that respect!), but that's probably just 'cause I'm not part of the gamer crowd. I think for its topic (RPG/Adventure games), Skullport is a great match of design and content. Big applause for originality.

- vb-es has a sunny, attractive look, with good color choices that remind me of a spring meadow. Not set up that differently from the standard vb3 (I think), but that's not a bad thing necessarily, since vb3 is well laid-out itself. Still, didn't seem quite as original as my first choice pick.

- Synergy looked like tons of work has been put into it, which is impressive by itself! I'm just not keen on the contrast between the black background and the bright metallic/gold images, which to my eyes feels harsh. Also, I had to take points off for the fact that on my 20 inch, 800x600 res monitor, I get a horizontal scrollbar. I guess it was designed for higher resolutions, which I know are getting more popular. Still, I don't like teeny tiny text, so my resolution's gonna stay at 800x600!

- Myispfinder is cheery but reminds me a bit too much of WindowsXP. Not much chatter there yet -- right now, the webhosting discussion forum consists mostly of self-posted hosting ads (at least I think they're self-posted; sorry if they aren't!). That said, this seems to be a brand new community, so I think with time the content will almost certainly grow to make this a valuable resource.

Well, there ya go. Sorry for going on, but I figured I might as well add some details as to why I voted the way I did. Good luck, nominees!
        Kira

EpiGuide: Web Entertainment Forums - vB Board of the Month, Aug 2007
        About Schuyler Falls, an Original Drama | Falling Sky Designs

Comment

yep congrats, well done to all
          sigpic
          SocialSpace.co.uk

Comment

Congratulations ipodlounge !
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X