Where are the error messges located?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the error messges located?

I swear this new template system is stupid. I expect a tutorial, or documentation on how this new system works, or what each new rewritten template does and controls.

Anyway, my question is where are the actual error messages located? The text that say "you dont have persmission to access forum" blah blah?

All text is located in the Phrase Manager regardless of whether it is an error, text for a template or anything else.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

well, here is the reason I ask.

When I suspend someone from the forums, and they get on.. they are greeted with a error message that tells them they do not have permission to access the forum.

Problem is.. this looks like a general message for ANY access assoicated error message.

What I want is the effect in VB2 that when you banned someone.. they were given a message SAYING they have been banned/suspended.

(A hack that compares their username to the amount of time left on their ban would be a nice hack too)

Comment

Originally posted by cyr0n_k0r
        What I want is the effect in VB2 that when you banned someone.. they were given a message SAYING they have been banned/suspended.
        There was no such feature in vBulletin 2. You must have got it from a hack.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by cyr0n_k0r
          I swear this new template system is stupid. I expect a tutorial, or documentation on how this new system works, or what each new rewritten template does and controls.
          It's not stupid, and how can you expect a documentation before the final release? Hey, this is a beta-software (err Release Candidate-Software ).

I would recommend to look on www.vbulletin.org for a hack, which does, what you are asking for. Or to write one yourself. Shouldn't be that hard. A new template and a manipulation of one ore more php-files, where the status of users is requested from the database.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            There was no such feature in vBulletin 2. You must have got it from a hack.
            yes there was.

It said something to the effect of "The administrator has banned your IP address.. blah blah"

Only I want that same effect if I ban the username.. and not the IP.

Because if they just get the permissions message they assume they havent been banned.

Comment

You said it yourself: On vB 2 this was only when the IP address was banned. But it didn't show up when you just banned the username... Two pair of shoes, to different options in the admin-section

BTW: The usergroups can have customtitles. Why not giving banned users a title like: YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED! They can see that on all of their postings. Isn't that already sufficient?

Comment