If you want blue versions of the buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want blue versions of the buttons

You can take them from my site. Click below.

Please note, this was posted during beta. The buttons changed significantly went 2.0 went final. Some of my buttons here have automatically updated, but I haven't finished my new set yet.
    Last edited by irc; Thu 31 May '01, 9:44am.

more

Comment

more

Comment

the rest

Comment

HELP

i want those blue buttons you have for your five links....BUT...how and where do i get them from?

i know on your front page i click on the view option and then source....BUT where in that doc do i find the template for the blue buttons for fivelinks? and where the heck do i put it on my site?

Comment

1) Save the files locally to your hard drive (right click on them in your browser).
            2) Using an FTP program, upload them to your website into the images folder so they overrite the current images.

No changes are necessary to the templates.

Comment

Greenish ones

Is there an easy way to change the colors in something like Photoshop? I've tried the 'replace color' option, but it sort of sucks..heh. Changing hues and all seems to screw w/every color.

Just wanting to change the color to something like #66CCDA.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
              Chris

Comment

I used an adjustment layer in Photoshop to change them.

First, convert one gif image to RGB mode. Use an adjustment layer to change the hue/saturation to get the color you want. Keep this file open.

Then for each button.

1. Open the gif file
                2. Convert it to RGB mode.
                3. Drag adjustment layer from first file to the current one you are working with.
                4. Convert it back to index mode
                5. Export it as a gif, making sure to set the background color to transparent.

The only complication comes with the buttons that have yellow in them. You have to insert a step after 3 where you flatten the image and repaint the previously yellow area, yellow again.

Comment

thx!

Thx very much guy !!
                  Yipiiieeeee

Comment

Ahh, thank you!

I found a way to do it using the magic marker tool, but it was taking too long. I'll try the adjustment layer. Then just change the yellow stuff back to yellow

Thanks again,
                    Chris
                    Originally posted by irc
                    I used an adjustment layer in Photoshop to change them.

First, convert one gif image to RGB mode. Use an adjustment layer to change the hue/saturation to get the color you want. Keep this file open.

Then for each button.

1. Open the gif file
                    2. Convert it to RGB mode.
                    3. Drag adjustment layer from first file to the current one you are working with.
                    4. Convert it back to index mode
                    5. Export it as a gif, making sure to set the background color to transparent.

The only complication comes with the buttons that have yellow in them. You have to insert a step after 3 where you flatten the image and repaint the previously yellow area, yellow again.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for these buttons. The ones that came with vbulletin 2.0 just didn't fit the style of my board... these do. Great job.

Comment

irc,

Very cool! Thanks!
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I made greenish ones

I have them all, in a greenish color. Now how the heck do you upload multiple files at once???

Chris

Comment

I use FTP Explorer. It's downloadable shareware as I recall. You should be able to find it through yahoo or another search engine. It rocks.

And lets see your hard work!

Comment

That program still only lets me select one file in the Attach File section when you post...

Here is a .zip file of all the above buttons, in a greenish color.

Chris

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X