Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which editing tool should I use to edit templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which editing tool should I use to edit templates?

Hi,
    I think the title is kind of self-explanatory. I am an ASP guy so with the editing tools that I am using I'm now used to the feature where you can code and then preview how it will look like just by one click... Is there something like that you could recommend to edit the vB templates? thanx a lot.
    Alex

I use dreamweaver but most of the time I just 'notepad' it and then preview on the site ;-)
    sigpic

Comment

yeah that's what I am doing right now a bit annoying though
      Alex

Comment

Very true, very true. I also sometimes use Frontpage (displays inline images where Dreamweaver wont) but my all time favorite file editor is CuteFTP Pro, very nice when working with hacks etc.
        sigpic

Comment

thanx trackpads for the infos!
          Alex

Comment

I use Textpad myself. It's free and about a million times better than notepad. Definitely worth at least checking out - http://www.textpad.com/

Comment

i use front page

Comment

How about Homesite? That's my all-time favorit

Comment

notepad is good

Comment

TextPad

has a line counter
                    @[email protected]

Comment

Be careful with dreamweaver... Because if you don't specify in dreamweaver's preferences, it can change codes without warning.

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X