The 3D 'V'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3D 'V'

I'd like to make a logo for my site with a similar effect to the 3D rendered V in the new vB logo (but with a different letter. Can anyone point me to a program that could help me do this? Or, if this is possible in photoshop, can anyone point me to a tutorial that might get me started?

i belive Kier used 3DS Max or sumthing along thos lines, somthing similar could probally be done in PS but not to that extent >.<

Comment

I believe a 2D outline of the logo was made in a program similar to either Photoshop or Illustrator. Then, that outline was probably imported into a 3D rendering program, such as 3DSM, and then either traced, or directly converted to a 3D form.

After that, a silverish material was probably applied to the object, lighting positioned, and then rendered.

I'm pretty sure you can find tutorials for 3D Studio Max on rendering something from an imported outline at various forums on the internet. (TutorialForums and yaXay come to mind)
      :)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming that 3d studio max isn't free. (Doesn't sound like a freeware kind of name.) Are there any freeware/shareware programs that can do the same type of thing?

Comment

I'm pretty sure he did the logo on lightwave and not 3ds max.
          Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

Originally posted by Westech
            Thanks for the info. I'm assuming that 3d studio max isn't free. (Doesn't sound like a freeware kind of name.)
            Not quite free...try closer to a few thousand.
            Josh Pigford - The Apple Blog

Comment

you can buy 3D Studio max for around $3,495.99US

Comment

its really complicated to anyone who doesnt understand 3d modling either.. at least at first...

Comment

Working...
                X