No announcement yet.

Nominate your favorite board for vB BotM - November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes you the person to take over this?

Start your own competition.

Comment

I would try to contact Scott.

Scott initiated vB BotM and I think it's a sign of disrespect if you overtake.

Never ever thought that I had to agree with UHN_ED though
      http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Originally posted by UHN_ED

Start your own competition.
        The fact that I'm the only person that has ever showed initiative to be Scott's backup to keep this competition running whenever he had no time to be online or whatever else there may be.

I wouldn't be taking over, I'd be filling in temporarily just for the sake of this competition staying alive and going on time. I don't really care about the position myself, I just want to prevent seeing this thing go down because Scott couldn't make it on time or has whatever $issues that prevent him from being online. Who is to suffer if someone else writes all qualifiable names on notes, folds them up, tosses them all in a hat and picks out 5 notes at random? You won't notice any difference except for the fact that it doesn't say s.molinari on the left, but something else. *GASP* THE HORROR!

seriously though, what does it matter, as long as we're keeping BotM alive...

Comment

Have you tried to contact Scott?
          http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
          German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Well. I have emailed and PMed Scott a couple of times in the last week, no responce.

Comment

Go Kura, go for it.

Someone has to do it.
              Wanna go extreme or electricfied?

Go Static: www.electrickitten.com/forum
              Go Extreme: www.digikitten.com/forums/ (vBotm July)

Comment

Originally posted by UHN_ED
                I agree. There's no point in jumping the gun. Scott's been delayed in the past, and there's absolutely no reason or urgency in this matter. It's better to let it lapse than have someone jump in and try to "fix" something that's not really broken. Just a bit bent.

Kura said "If there are no objections..." and I clearly count a few, including mine. So let's just wait. This isn't a life-or-death situation.

Comment

No-one should be taking over this. I for one will not be voting on this competiton unless it has been organised by Scott. No-one should be doing it aside from Scott. If he is getting delayed than fair enough. We don't know his circumstances and i'm sure he'll have everything ready on time. There's still one day and a bit before November...
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

There's approximately less than one day left, now. With Scott not responding to pm's at all, one would reckon something at least semi-serious might be up. Who knows how much longer it'll take.

I really don't see the point of objecting. It's only in everyone else's benefit if I do it, for then I'll no longer have a chance myself. If I don't do it, chances are big I'm gonna be in the last 5. The only benefit for me here is that this competition starts on time, and not halfway through november which is rather unfair to everyone.

Mist, you have absolutely no argument whatsoever.

Either way, I won't do anything, but I've yet to see a real reason or argument against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mist
                      No-one should be taking over this. I for one will not be voting on this competiton unless it has been organised by Scott. No-one should be doing it aside from Scott. If he is getting delayed than fair enough. We don't know his circumstances and i'm sure he'll have everything ready on time. There's still one day and a bit before November...
                      I agree. Hopefully everything is ok with Scott, but I see no harm in waiting for him.

Originally posted by KuraFire
                      ...I've yet to see a real reason or argument against it.
                      It's not your contest. That's the point people are trying to make.
                      Last edited by Vile; Thu 30 Oct '03, 2:21pm.
                      Webmaster / Administrator
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

does it really matter? I know i'm not going to have a heart attack if the botm contest is delayed a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                          I agree. Hopefully everything is ok with Scott, but I see no harm in waiting for him.

It's not your contest. That's the point people are trying to make.
                          Oh god, you're right. There will be DEATH AND DESTRUCTION when someone else grabs 5 notes at random...

Comment

Oh god, you're right. There will be DEATH AND DESTRUCTION when someone else grabs 5 notes at random...

It's about principle than anything else. Try reading the other posts, and you'll see that quite a few people feel the same way (about how *you* should not be the one doing it)....That should tell you something.
                            Webmaster / Administrator
                            www.MegaGames.com
                            www.MGForums.com

Comment

You stated:

Unless anyone objects, I will put together the last 5 tomorrow evening, 10 PM my time.
                              People have objected. You should honor their decision.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hey,

While I've been waiting for 3 months to have the vbulletin.com/award page updated, I'd still like to give him the benefit of the doubt.. He's promised he was going to do that for me a couple of times, and hopefully it will be soon. Probably just going through alot of personal stuff, I know I've had similiar situations so I've been willing to wait a bit.

Hmm I see he was 'active' today, hopefully he knows many of us are doing our best to hang in there during his delays... I think he has run the contests with respect and maturity so I'd like to hear his input on this.

Regards,
                                -Jason
                                -Jason / WTF.com

"I think I've been quite clear that the new style will be in vB4." - Allen Lin / February 16, 2012

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X