Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for your favorite Board vB Board of the Month - October

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    His is much more realistic then the one you posted. It is obvious you have no real graphic experience.

    Not trying to take away from what you did, but yours looks like a cartoon. It is completely flat, his looks like it is more then something you would find in a coloring book.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by UHN_ED
      His is much more realistic then the one you posted. It is obvious you have no real graphic experience.

      Not trying to take away from what you did, but yours looks like a cartoon. It is completely flat, his looks like it is more then something you would find in a coloring book.
      I agree. There is no real comparision between the two.


      Anyway, Artorg got my vote
      It's a job well done Colicab.
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by UHN_ED
        His is much more realistic then the one you posted. It is obvious you have no real graphic experience.

        Not trying to take away from what you did, but yours looks like a cartoon. It is completely flat, his looks like it is more then something you would find in a coloring book.
        Oh boy, here we go. Number one, Colicab's butterfly is absolutely not realistic. It has no detail, it is nothing more than smeared and blured colors inside a basic outline shape. That is the look he was after. I am certain he would agree. There isn't a butterfly on earth that looks like that! My point is, I wasn't trying to "show up" his butterfly, rather, I was illustrating that it isn't a big ass deal to make a butterfly and I don't think he needed to keep on promising his illustration wasn't a photograph. It's pretty obvious it isn't a photograph!

        My butterfly wasn't meant to be "Photographic" It is a perfect duplicate of the real butterfly. It wasn't meant to be anything other than flat. It took me all of one hour to do. Realism is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I would guess I have about 16 years more experience in graphic design than yourself. That comment is laughable.

        Here is another one with about 20 minutes of photoshop shading. Amazing How that can change an otherwise "flat" Vector Art image into something more "realistic" isn't it.

        Have a nice day.

        EDIT: This reminds me of a chant from my highschool football games.
        "Boosh sit down, boosh boosh sit down
        We're the mighty seniors yeah the mighty seniors. . ."

        Nice work Coli! I'm done with this discussion
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ESAD; Tue 7 Oct '03, 10:10pm.
        www.GigaThreads.com

        Comment


        • #34
          i think we should get back on topic.... rather than this butterfly crap -.-"
          Car Chops & Discussion
          NerdoPlex / My Nerdy Den of Design

          Comment


          • #35
            Hello every body
            when i saw all of this forums up....

            After deliberation I decided to vote for ... artorg.co.uk
            (BUT)



            waht about all of this forums : ...?


            http://www.dubaidoors.com/vb/

            and


            http://www.dantdubai.com/vb

            and


            http://www.greatxp.com/vb/index.php?s=&styleid=16
            http://www.greatxp.com/vb/index.php?s=&styleid=19


            and


            http://www.messengerw.com/vb/index.php?


            and

            http://www.doha.ws/forum/index.php?


            and i have most than this forums it's have the best design .


            the styles of design is original and very aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
            please see it . and Vote for your favorite Board vB Board for us... hear for
            me . if you can to see the good design .


            thanks for all and i am sorry about bother all .


            with my best wishise


            alwafi

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ESAD

              Here is another one with about 20 minutes of photoshop shading. Amazing How that can change an otherwise "flat" Vector Art image into something more "realistic" isn't it.
              Nice work Coli! I'm done with this discussion
              Except it still doesn't look nearly as realistic as any of his, even with his having an airbrushed look.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by blindchild02
                i think we should get back on topic.... rather than this butterfly crap -.-"
                I could agree more You're doing great so far artorg. Good luck with the rest of the competition !
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by alwafi
                  Hello every body
                  when i saw all of this forums up....

                  After deliberation I decided to vote for ... artorg.co.uk
                  (BUT)



                  waht about all of this forums : ...?


                  http://www.dubaidoors.com/vb/

                  and


                  http://www.dantdubai.com/vb

                  and


                  http://www.greatxp.com/vb/index.php?s=&styleid=16
                  http://www.greatxp.com/vb/index.php?s=&styleid=19


                  and


                  http://www.messengerw.com/vb/index.php?


                  and

                  http://www.doha.ws/forum/index.php?


                  and i have most than this forums it's have the best design .


                  the styles of design is original and very aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
                  please see it . and Vote for your favorite Board vB Board for us... hear for
                  me . if you can to see the good design .


                  thanks for all and i am sorry about bother all .


                  with my best wishise


                  alwafi
                  no offense, but if i cant read it, why would i vote for it?
                  Car Chops & Discussion
                  NerdoPlex / My Nerdy Den of Design

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by blindchild02
                    no offense, but if i cant read it, why would i vote for it?
                    Sounds racist too me.

                    Its about design

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Would have voted for Xamira but sorry, It's just too much of a rip of http://www.wiredgamers.com/ (black version) :\

                      Regards,
                      Patrick
                      Patrick Paul

                      "Better to stay quiet and have others think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Pie
                        Sounds racist too me.

                        Its about design
                        Should be "Sounds racist to me."

                        No way that statement was racist. It does not say that any race is inferior, he just says if he can't read it he isn't voting for it. A bit closed-minded mabye, but learn what a word means beore throwing it around, especially when dealing with a word as powerful as racist.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          ach nm the butterflys.. mine are 40 layers as im fernickity lol and i painted them, i didnt mask in big areas, plus there from my brain lol no photos

                          they also are out of proportion in the lower half but hey what ya gonna do

                          ESAD nice work there too


                          oh and alwafi you cant just post links and hope they get added tot the vote , u must reply to the nominae therad with 3 or more co referers who want to see ur board win too

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by UHN_ED
                            Should be "Sounds racist to me."

                            No way that statement was racist. It does not say that any race is inferior, he just says if he can't read it he isn't voting for it. A bit closed-minded mabye, but learn what a word means beore throwing it around, especially when dealing with a word as powerful as racist.
                            honestly... how could u think that was a racist statement??

                            and i agree with everything UHN_ED said.
                            Car Chops & Discussion
                            NerdoPlex / My Nerdy Den of Design

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by blindchild02
                              no offense, but if i cant read it, why would i vote for it?

                              Hello blindchild02

                              and thanks for your replay (but )

                              not's important to read it just see the design if you want ....

                              THANKS 4 ALL

                              alwafi

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Pie
                                Sounds racist too me.

                                Its about design

                                thanks but please if you see agood design frome this list say it to me

                                only like this and this not sounds and votes only for your opinion

                                and thanks and i am sorry if i bother some body hear for my replay

                                thanks

                                alwafi

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X