X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellsatan
    Can artorg be added to the poll?

Satan
    In the past when a nominee' page was down, or resulted in a 404, s.molinari gave them x days to fix it, so IMO, the same should have applied here with ArtOrg.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Man, the more I look at them, I like radioMUTE better, and would change my vote if I could. That is a very pleasant design to look at.
      V1 Bad Bunny Emoticons > (For Dark BGs)
      Squarehead V1 Emoticons -
      Let Users select postbit style!

Comment

Originally posted by s.molinari
        Hi Vile,

The x days was only after the announcement of the nominees not after the poll started. If your server is down for the start of the poll then unfortunately your o.o.l.

Scott
        Hmmm, ok, but for future refrence, you may want to add this in your original posts (with the guidelines, rules, etc)
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

wominx.net got my vote! Kick ass design and it is fast.
          Nothing gets me more than heavy scrolling forums.

Oh yeah, something does get me more. Having to cancel
          this screen.

See attachment!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ESAD; Thu 4th Sep '03, 7:19pm.
          www.GigaThreads.com

Comment

i got that too.

I am sitting out this round. Grumpy at ArtOrg not being in poll after we clearly have an amazing forum.

And im not sure on any of the forums

Comment

screenie

for the problem, please see my screenie again

My vote is for wominx.net of course, a very good job was done ...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ESAD
                Oh yeah, something does get me more. Having to cancel
                this screen.

See attachment!

This is quite annoying. I'm getting the screen as well.
                Attached Files
                www.MegaGames.com
                www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                  This is quite annoying. I'm getting the screen as well.
                  This problem was caused by an image in Xelation's sig. I have removed the offending image.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    This problem was caused by an image in Xelation's sig. I have removed the offending image.
                    Ok cool. Thanks for sorting that.
                    www.MegaGames.com
                    www.MGForums.com

Comment

I'd say wominx.net since I really like the style. Good job on it!

Comment

Originally posted by s.molinari
                        Hi Vile,

The x days was only after the announcement of the nominees not after the poll started. If your server is down for the start of the poll then unfortunately your o.o.l.

Scott
                        Just a little comment here, being as you did not state that in your rules, then the site that was excluded from the poll, should be allowed back in.

You shouldn't exclude a site just because you realise you've left a rule out.

Rules are there for a reason and you should not add them once a poll has got underway and exclude a site because you added them.

If you don't want *****ing and complaining in these threads, then think about your guidelines more carefully in future.

So this isn't really the way to go about "starting off on the right foot" is it?

Comment

http://www.radiomute.com/

Nice design. Simple, but nicely made. I dont like the alignment though. At 1600x1200 maximized, there are large grey borders on both sides of forumhome. Same with Firebird. I dont know if thats done on purpose, but whatever, it is a nice site but the alignment and the grey border expansion issue is slightly annoying. If it was centered that would be a big plus for me, I just think its easier to read and follow.

http://www.bmiforums.com/

I'm not a real big fan on dark themes, but it is pretty good all things considered. The postbit is pretty cool, a bit too graphics heavy for my taste, but original. However I really dislike fixed backrounds, makes scrolling very sluggish in both IE and Firebird.

http://www.graphic-forums.com/

Great layout. Simple, easy on the eyes, great color, graphic use etc. Again, I can only stand center aligned layouts. The width doesnt bother me much, though with a forum dedicated to the graphic arts I would think more ppl would be using at least 1024x768 and above. I realize there other themes to choose, but I'm not voting on those, I'm looking at the default theme. If it was wider, and centered that would be damn near perfect for me.

http://www.wominx.net/forums/

Graphically speaking its very impressive. Personally I prefer simple, easy on the eyes/non-flashy layouts like graphic-forums or my own, but from a purely asthetic point of view Wominx is nicely done. The header specifically.

http://forums.hotscripts.com/

Ah yes, good ole hotscripts. Great resource, but personally I liked the old design better. While the new one is hipper than the old, I really dont like the color Red, especially bright, vivid red. Its too much of a contrast from red and white. Postbit for example, while its very nice, the bright red really distracts me and my eyes get tired pretty soon. Its an otherwise nice layout (though I think the header could be better), the colors for me are holding it back. If it had to be red, it would have to be drastically towned down in a more neutral/earth tone for me to really stand it.

------

In the end, there were only really 2 contenders for me, Radiomute and Graphic Forums. RM has been very slow loading for me, sometimes not loading at all, but even so, while its very close I just have to go with Graphic Forums for me (default layout). Clean, easier on the eyes than RM, and I can tolerate the alignment better than RMs. RM however was a very very close 2nd, and its an extremely nice design.
                          forums: pcfx.cc
                          gallery: here

Comment

Thanks for the reply Scott, you've cleared everything up.

Comment

Even though you didn't vote for who I was hoping for () i'd like to thank you Mr.X for such a detailed vote.
                              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I voted for BMI, its the only one im registered at (i think i registered....), has a good design, and i like final fantasy. The others looked pretty good....but BMI gets my vote. ^_^

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X