X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pie
    Jeeezus... READ!

Anyway, thats just a normal style with a header and footer change.
    What are you the resident jerk? If I would have know it was over then what do you think?

And no its not a normal style since it took my 4 hours of photoshop work. Or did you just look at the registration page?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by d2alio
      *rollseyes* Yes, I own a Yamaha R1... Everything else is pretty weak.
      LOL, spoken like a true squid. its called a gsxr1000, you probably only seen the tails lights when you come across one I'm sure. hehehe

how come Factor Yamaha isnt racing in the AMA?

Comment

Hate to brake it to you.
        It is a nice style, but nothing special.
        It's quite simple and 4 hours of photoshop is nothing compared to the time that goes into other boards.

Try looking at some of the vbotm participants of the last months.

www.digikitten.com/forums/
        www.wiredgamer.com
        www.aliensoup.com
        http://www.wominx.net/forums/

That is special..
        Last edited by Dpcows; Sat 30 Aug '03, 1:17am.
        Wanna go extreme or electricfied?

Go Static: www.electrickitten.com/forum
        Go Extreme: www.digikitten.com/forums/ (vBotm July)

Comment

WOW
          Those all are SPECIAL...

Comment

Originally posted by trackpads
            What are you the resident jerk? If I would have know it was over then what do you think?

And no its not a normal style since it took my 4 hours of photoshop work. Or did you just look at the registration page?
            haha i meant that doesn't cost a fortune to own lol... or am I thinking of the wrong bike? Yamaha R1's can get as high as $10k, but paying anything beyond that for a bike is a bit ridiculous imo...

and I wouldn't know about Factor Yamaha because I'm not a die-hard bike fan. I don't actually watch the events (I'm not in to NASCAR) or anything... i just ride.
            Dameon White, Lead Designer
            InsideThePixel.com "Web Tailoring Inside Out"
            vB Clients: AlienSoup.com (vBotm) | WiredGamers.com (vBotm)
            09.05.03: WiredGamer Releases Its Skin! Click Here!

Comment

Obviously but why should someone reply to my post like such a jerk? I could care less how many fuzzy pink kitten sites there are, being a jerk is no excuse though.

And as far as my site, for a guy who works 6 days a week doing man stuff , 4 hours on a computer is a lot of time.

-Jason
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dpcows
                Hate to brake it to you.
                It is a nice style, but nothing special.
                It's quite simple and 4 hours of photoshop is nothing compared to the time that goes into other boards.

Try looking at some of the vbotm participants of the last months.

www.digikitten.com/forums/
                www.wiredgamer.com
                www.aliensoup.com
                http://www.wominx.net/forums/

That is special..
                I hate to break it to you, but this competition isn't about style. So what if your forum took 2000+ hours to make in Photohsop?

A forum's main purpose is to create a community, where people can interact. If it takes 10 minutes for a site to load on somebody's computer, you're not building a community. Graphics are useful on a website, but you've got your priorities wrong.

A community has to be useful and functional first. Looks go later. If all you have is a site with graphics and no content, you'll get some oo's and ahh's, but that's it. If you have a site with content, you'll keep some of your visitors.

Take a look at some OTHER forums out there, besides those. You'll notice that for the most party, they're not as graphics-intensive as what you would think.
                :)

Comment

A forum's main purpose is to create a community, where people can interact.
                  Well said...

Comment

Originally posted by trackpads
                    Obviously but why should someone reply to my post like such a jerk? I could care less how many fuzzy pink kitten sites there are, being a jerk is no excuse though.

And as far as my site, for a guy who works 6 days a week doing man stuff , 4 hours on a computer is a lot of time.

-Jason
                    doing man stuff? you obviously want reassuirance about your sexuality.
                    I've never seen someone actually have to put "man" stuff.
                    You want me to go "Wow! Your doing man stuff?!!" LMAO.

4 hours is nothing, if my server wasnt down, you should see ArtOrg... and dont have a go at me for apparently not looking at things, Scott CLEARLY said "Competition is picked" and you stepped in and posted your link like it'd change everything.

Comment

Once again the conversation turns sour in the vbotm of the month threads...
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Since this thread has already accomplished it's goal and it has degenerated into insults and name-calling, it's a good time to close it.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X