Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien
    replied
    BTW, due to the Northeast US powergrid failure, our DNS is non-functional.

However, the website can be reached at:

http://69.57.142.75/forums/index.php

Please ignore any 404 errors that may attempt to go to www.sitename.com within some of our menus because of this DNS problem. We appreciate your patience.

We hope this is fixed as soon as possible.

-Jason

Leave a comment:

• Alien
    replied
    Hello,

After careful thought and a persuasive discussion with s.molinari on reconsidering our decision to withdraw, we have decided to re-enter into this contest for the time remaining (16 days left now I believe).

Thank you to all those who have written me about this contest, and for those who have showed previous support in this thread. We won't forget that.

Now on with the show...

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by dfrisk
    When did AlienSoup withdraw?
    Originally posted by Alien
    Anyways, since things have gotten out of hand, AlienSoup.com has decided to withdraw from the contest Regards,
    -Jason
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...&postcount=101

Leave a comment:

• FlyBoy73
    replied
    Originally posted by 1337Devil
    I just want to state that it was becoming extremely fishy, no matter how you look at it.

Pity that AlienSoup withdrew
    When did AlienSoup withdraw?

Leave a comment:

• Corbu
    replied
    aliensup is coming up... 43 votes now

Leave a comment:

• qatarson
    replied
    I voted for vbulletinclub.com it is realy good design

Leave a comment:

• Xelation
    replied
    Originally posted by Damas
    so no need to get mad about the truth > Xelation <
    and there is somthing i belive always and i wish u
    belive it 2
    I'm just gonna laugh at this comment HAHA... why should I believe that its the best when I know in my heart that its deffinantly not

Leave a comment:

• Damas
    replied
    Even if this is my first post i would like to vote
    for the best wich is http://www.vbulletinclub.com/
    so no need to get mad about the truth > Xelation <
    and there is somthing i belive always and i wish u
    belive it 2:

(Dont u ever think that u r the best , because ther
    is always best of the best)

be sport and take it easy this is the fact.

Leave a comment:

• Alien
    replied
    That is due to the pulldown menuing system we use. We upgraded it about 2 weeks ago to further expand our cross-platform ability. It now works with Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, and IE. Even pretty old versions of those programs too at times.

The safari compatibility is promised in the next version of the script and should be 100% functional. I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks for the report!

-Jason

Leave a comment:

• Corbu
    replied
    I found only one problem with Alien Sup

On the top of the header, please see the screenie

PS : I work with "Safari explorer"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    Jeebus, now I see it...

I was constantly wondering, "why on EARTH are people saying that vbulletinclub looks fantastic? It looks like an amateur site!!" - and then I launched an IE window and tried the site in there. And thusly I suddenly saw everything the way the admin apparently thinks it looks like (which it only does in IE). In mozilla, the site looks VERY differently, and by far not "fantastic" anymore....

(and this just makes me glad I voted for AlienSoup ;p)

Leave a comment:

• snyx
    replied
    sorry I find vbulletinclub to have far to much fluff. the flash header is a great little movie, but on my celeron 550 shes just not lovin it.. so as far as your site goes for speed there is just no way.

alien soup still looks fantastic, and rocks waay more of a message board feel. load time is just fine, and I find it much more user friendly.

sorry boys. you deserve the win, but you can't fight the voter numbers.

Leave a comment:

• HexOnxOnx
    replied
    Comment deleted by poster

Leave a comment:

• fury
    replied
    1. Deffinity.org - Nice and simple header and footer, buttons are a little hard to read though. The table border style is a nice touch, if not a bit cliche (but hell, it's so easy to do in vB3 ). Works perfectly in Mozilla. But there are what, 3-4 thousand art sites out now?

2. dbtg - Very nice header, buttons are looking good, a nice change from pixel font buttons used in most complete designs today. Page alignment is a bit off in Mozilla, otherwise fine. Unique topic, that's for sure.

3. DAB - Somewhat bland, could use a little more color, and it wouldn't hurt to add a few well-placed images to spice things up here and there. The effort itself is honorable (how long did it take you to modify every table to get that spacy border look? also, nice touch with the statistics at the top of each forum). Table border style is different in Mozilla (dare I say better). I like the sense of a tightly knit community there. (I got one of those myself )

4. vBulletin Club - Great effort has been put in this design, I can see. Excellent post bit. Unfortunately, extremely slow and CPU intensive. I refuse to be patient when I'm browsing a site The post bit is royally screwed in Mozilla, and some of the borders turn black. I can't really say anything about the community as I cannot read Arabic.

5. AlienSoup - Well holy crap, 60some+ images to load for each page. I would definitely not want to be on dialup when using that site Souped up (excuse the pun) header and post bit. It's quite trend-whorey (spikes and lines and other unnecessary fluff at the top and bottom of categories, way overusage of grids & gradients) but it is the best design here. And, surprise, surprise, it all works in Mozilla! I love the little touches that match with the theme of the site, like the "Abductees", "mothership omega", and "quertoks", and especially the "That does not compute" sound on no permission pages . It seems like you've got a good crowd there.

AlienSoup gets my vote.

Leave a comment:

• Sindebad
    replied
    I have voted on this poll to vbulletinclub.com

Regards,

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X