• Show
Clear All

• Alien
    replied
    Thanks, folks.

Leave a comment:

• TheComputerGuy
    replied
    Great looking site. Best of luck with it!

Leave a comment:

• Oblivion Knight
    replied
    I LOVE the new Alien Soup forum style..
    The guys over at InsideThePixel.com have done a fantastic job, and I may well consider them for a future design I have in mind for Umbrella Online when I have a reasonable amount of money.

Glad that the rip was found and reported.. Some people these days *shakes head*.

Leave a comment:

• UHN_ED
    replied
    I like the design even if it is a bit graphic intense.

It isn't that hard to copy a style, they all use very similar code that can be interchanged with very little modifications, just make a new style from one that is edited already upload the images and change the replacement for image folder and it is probably 80% done, just have to tweak it a bit.

I noticed a phpBB site that stole the design of wiredgamers.com I have contacted wiredgamers if you would like information about that then PM me.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    That would mean he would have to h4x0r into the other site's vB3 admin cp and export the style.

Most likely, it's just a copy-paste job for the header, footer, catbit, and postbit templates.

Leave a comment:

• synicide
    replied
    Maybe through XML? Don't know it's a guess.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Sorry if I'm dragging this on, but how does he simply copy these styles so easy? I think it would be a pain in the arse editing each template.

Leave a comment:

• Breaker
    replied
    Originally posted by bahawolf
    His copyright:
    Powered by vBulletin 2.3
    VbSkinz & DesignShock
    Thats not a his skin, nor vBSkinz' skin. And, that copyright violates the required copyright, by not having the year, or company name.
    he's also running vB3, i might start a new thread for this (this no longer has anything todo with the aliensoup style)

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78591
    Last edited by Breaker; Mon 28th Jul '03, 1:23pm.

Leave a comment:

• bahawolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Breaker
    omg, he has brought his site back up, this time with the Greenthumb tmepalte by vbstyles and saying guess wot, he made it (dunno y he put vbskinz on it though)
    His copyright: