AlienSoup Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ironically, their down for a day or two: http://www.neoforum.co.uk/
    Anyway, its a shame that people rip work and claim credit.. I doubt that license is even theirs! Anyway, with my custom style being built, for the price I'm paying, I'd be steaming if someone ripped it. It must be harder for a designer, because that was their work that was put into there.. Great job on the skin, once again.

Comment

Well, luckily for us, the vBulletin License Agreement protects us to a degree in regards to copyright infringements.
      :)

Comment

omg, he has brought his site back up, this time with the Greenthumb tmepalte by vbstyles and saying guess wot, he made it (dunno y he put vbskinz on it though)

his archive copywrite reads: hololith v3.0.0 Beta 4, Copyright ©2000-2003, hololith Enterprises Ltd.
        Last edited by Breaker; Mon 28th Jul '03, 12:16pm.
        Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Breaker
          omg, he has brought his site back up, this time with the Greenthumb tmepalte by vbstyles and saying guess wot, he made it (dunno y he put vbskinz on it though)
          His copyright:
          Powered by vBulletin 2.3
          VbSkinz & DesignShock
          Thats not a his skin, nor vBSkinz' skin. And, that copyright violates the required copyright, by not having the year, or company name.

Comment

Originally posted by bahawolf
            His copyright:
            Powered by vBulletin 2.3
            VbSkinz & DesignShock
            Thats not a his skin, nor vBSkinz' skin. And, that copyright violates the required copyright, by not having the year, or company name.
            he's also running vB3, i might start a new thread for this (this no longer has anything todo with the aliensoup style)

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78591
            Last edited by Breaker; Mon 28th Jul '03, 12:23pm.
            Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

Sorry if I'm dragging this on, but how does he simply copy these styles so easy? I think it would be a pain in the arse editing each template.
              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Maybe through XML? Don't know it's a guess.

Comment

That would mean he would have to h4x0r into the other site's vB3 admin cp and export the style.

Most likely, it's just a copy-paste job for the header, footer, catbit, and postbit templates.
                  :)

Comment

I like the design even if it is a bit graphic intense.

It isn't that hard to copy a style, they all use very similar code that can be interchanged with very little modifications, just make a new style from one that is edited already upload the images and change the replacement for image folder and it is probably 80% done, just have to tweak it a bit.

I noticed a phpBB site that stole the design of wiredgamers.com I have contacted wiredgamers if you would like information about that then PM me.

Comment

I LOVE the new Alien Soup forum style..
                      The guys over at InsideThePixel.com have done a fantastic job, and I may well consider them for a future design I have in mind for Umbrella Online when I have a reasonable amount of money.

Glad that the rip was found and reported.. Some people these days *shakes head*.

Comment

Great looking site. Best of luck with it!

Comment

Thanks, folks.
                          -Jason / WTF.com

"I think I've been quite clear that the new style will be in vB4." - Allen Lin / February 16, 2012

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X