Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i put a picture in the background of my vb template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    there is a trick you can do for category headers but it will mess up your CSS scroll bar
    #000000" background="images/bgimg.gif
    you can also edit the template where it makes the categorys appear

go to
    Templates > Modify > Template name > forum home >
    forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost

Code:
    <tr id="cat">
     <td bgcolor="{categorybackcolor}" colspan="6"><a href="forumdisplay.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&forumid=$forum[forumid]"><normalfont color="{categoryfontcolor}"><b>$forum[title]</b></normalfont></a>
     <br><smallfont color="{categoryfontcolor}">$forum[description]</smallfont></td>
    </tr>
    change to somthing like this i think

Code:
     <tr id="cat">
     <td bgcolor="{categorybackcolor}" background="yourbgimg.ext" colspan="6"><a href="forumdisplay.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&forumid=$forum[forumid]"><normalfont color="{categoryfontcolor}"><b>$forum[title]</b></normalfont></a>
     <br><smallfont color="{categoryfontcolor}">$forum[description]</smallfont></td>
    </tr>
    Last edited by Zachery; Thu 24 Jul '03, 12:44am.

Leave a comment:

• canaryforum
    replied
    ... and how do you do the same for the forum/category headers?

Leave a comment:

• bjorkfan19
    replied
    Styles > Modify > Fonts/colors/etc > Body tag. Add this somewhere in there after "body" (with of course a space before and after as needed):

background="http://www.imageaddress.com"

Leave a comment:

• dirtymerc
    replied
    for 2.3.0

Leave a comment:

• bjorkfan19
    replied
    You mean for the body background?

For 3.0, go to "Edit Templates" from the dropdown in the Style manager. Find "Body", and add this to "Extra CSS Atrributes":

background-image:
    url("http://www.imageaddress.com");

Leave a comment:

• How do i put a picture in the background of my vb template?

Hey guys im trying to figure out how to put a gradient background in the background of my template, I wan t it to show up outside of my main content table which is set at like 85%. If anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated.