X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d2alio
    replied
    Originally posted by Cypher720
    if youa re offline the site goes down? - i guess you are on your personal server? - who knew!
    um no... my offline status has nothing to do with the board. I was merely stating that I was probably offline when the board went offline for you so that I didn't see that it was offline...

Leave a comment:

• Cypher720
    replied
    if youa re offline the site goes down? - i guess you are on your personal server? - who knew!

Leave a comment:

• d2alio
    replied
    it was down for about 5 minutes (see the post difference between my post and then the edit)
    oh haha... i was probably offline or just not on the board

Leave a comment:

• Cypher720
    replied
    it was down for about 5 minutes (see the post difference between my post and then the edit)

Leave a comment:

• d2alio
    replied
    I never even noticed it went down... weird...

Leave a comment:

• Cypher720
    replied
    wiredgamers appears to be down - d2alio...whats up?

[edit] - its back up...nevermind
    Last edited by Cypher720; Sun 8 Jun '03, 8:37am.

Leave a comment:

• dstruct2k
    replied
    Wiredgamers has done some things with vB that I had never even thought of doing... Although it's just images in styles, I still find it awesome. If I had enough time on my hands, I would make a style like that (Images everywhere) and sell it... But unfortunately I don't, and I only have 3 original styles on my site which aren't that great anyways... (Anyone wanting to know, I made the Silver, WindowsXP, and Darkness themes on my site. Utopia was a free download.)

My vote goes to Wiredgamers! Nice site, guys!

Leave a comment:

• Music Pirate
    replied
    I voted for vbpanel, because the guys over there are currently working on my website and are doing a great job of it. And the fact that they have to put up with a guy like me, . So I decided that I need to vote for them.

Leave a comment:

• TheComputerGuy
    replied
    To be honest, I am jealous not to have such skill and talen to have a forum that looks like my other fellow contestants. But I thought the whole purpose behind vBOM was to get a guests idea of what they saw and let anyone who thought had the best presentation, win.

I guess after this month, I will start looking for a designer. But from what I see I see 5 fabulously designed forums. They were designed with what the creators wanted and I personally find every single one of them to look excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    It is quite disappointing to see these threads descend into what d2alio described as a 'trash fest' to try and sway people's votes. Wouldn't it be nice if people only said constructive criticism...

Leave a comment:

• Arkham
    replied
    I dont like that its all about the style. people are voting for WG because it looks nice...and also peopele arent voting for WG because its too much graphic wise. Look at the true conrtent of the site as opposed to just the style. That is what the vBotM is about...is it not?
    It's about a combination of factors for most people, though I think some people may be swayed by a particularly strong visual showing, be it attractive or distractive.

Since you've gone out of your way use WG as an example, I'll admit that while it would be unfair to criticize WG solely on its appearance, I don't think the forum offers enough quality content for consideration. Its strengths lie elsewhere.

If you want to use content as the primary factor (to the exclusion of visual appeal or structural innovation) I think movieforums.net is the only real contender.

Everyone balances their considerations differently, though I strongly agree that the meat should be weighed more heavily than the gravy.
    Last edited by Arkham; Fri 6 Jun '03, 3:16pm.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by d2alio
    well I think it'd be difficult to vote for a board based solely on content because some boards - like mine - are only focused on one aspect (gaming). So, if it was content there would be people that are gamers that would vote and then there'd be those that aren't gamers that wouldn't vote.
    You do have a point. Obviously it's hard to vote purely on content,(for non-members) but that's why it helps to use a little of everything. Content, overall board design, style, etc. but I honestly doubt "non-gamers" would not vote for your board merely becuase they don't play games. Using that logic, people who don't like anime wouldn't vote for nekio, and people who don't like movies wouldn't vote for movieforums.net, etc. I think people have a bit more common sense than that, at least I'll give them more credit.
    Originally posted by d2alio
    also, yes there are a ton of members, but seeing as how a lot of these nominations turn in to 'trash fests' about the other boards a lot tend to not get involved.
    Very true, which is why comments like this do not help:

"I also find your post Cypher to be more of a plea or cry rather than a comment, which I think many others would have to agree."

All he did is state his opinion, just like you have done so many times in this thread.
    Last edited by Vile; Fri 6 Jun '03, 6:57pm.

Leave a comment:

• d2alio
    replied
    well I think it'd be difficult to vote for a board based solely on content because some boards - like mine - are only focused on one aspect (gaming). So, if it was content there would be people that are gamers that would vote and then there'd be those that aren't gamers that wouldn't vote.

like DirectPixel stated in his original comment (very detailed comment in the beginning of this thread) he justified his reasoning. Style is not all about graphics, but also originality and how much work goes in to it. WiredGamers is customized far beyond any other board out there - and we're not just talking about graphically either. You'd have to sign up to see a lot of the features beyond that.

Edit by d2alio Comment here removed due to Vile's point. i intended no harm therefore I withdraw my comment to keep the peace.

Lastly, if I was not nominated for this thread my vote would go to nekio. Why? Because vbpanel is 'just another skins site', so i don't find your 'content' to be that great. But obviously that's 'my' opinion so I don't see any need for your complaints about why people are voting for whichever board seeing as how you seem to understand that people vote based on what they like and not what you might like. Nekio has a bit more originality in their content and style.

also, yes there are a ton of members, but seeing as how a lot of these nominations turn in to 'trash fests' about the other boards a lot tend to not get involved. then again, a lot never see this thread, as they just buy their license and possibly never come here with the exception of the help forum. If you take a look through old vote threads you'll see that the votes seldom rarely get above 100
    Last edited by d2alio; Fri 6 Jun '03, 2:17pm.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    but nobody looks at the quality of the boards...they just mention about the style. not one post has said "i like their content" besides the one refering to how they use vbpansls styles for thseir board.

and what about the lack of voters?
    Go read my voting post for WG again, please.

Leave a comment:

• all-the-vb
    replied
    I'm vote vbpanel.com

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X