Template questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template questions

I am having some trouble deciphering the intersection of style sheets and php's in the standard style sets from VB.

On my forum page http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/ , I'm trying to get the lefthand links to not be underlined until they are hovered over, just as the "last user post" does on the right. I've viewed source, gone through the code, etc., but can't figure it out. What tag am I missing here?

Second, how do I parse a PHP page onto an html page? I want my site to appear as the index file at the top of my site. Thanks!

Change:

Code:
    A:hover {
    	COLOR: #FF4400;
    }
    to:

Code:
    A:hover {
    	COLOR: #FF4400;
    	text-decoration: underline;
    }
    I'm not sure what you mean about the second thing, but this may be what you're looking for:

Put this in your .htaccess file:

Code:
    DirectoryIndex index.php

Comment

Tried it, no dice. The lefthand nav links are still underlined. And I shouldn't have to change the stylesheet--the capacity for producing those non-underlined links already exists in the stylesheet because the name of the poster under "Last Post" is showing it without an underline. I just can't figure out how to name it in the style page I've created for the lefthand links.

The second question I had was about how to make foo.com/index.shtml print the foo.com/forum page. I was using an exec cmd string for UBB, but I don't know how to do this with php pages.
      Last edited by pierguy; Tue 13 May '03, 1:18pm.

Comment

What browser are you using? Try adding text-decoration: none; to the base A class.

Ah you mean SSI, I don't think you can do it that way. You should either move the whole forum to the root dir or redirect to the /forum dir.

Comment