Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LinuxCult new design

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It looks like a nice forum. Too heavy for me though. If there were a lighter style with less graphics, I would think about joining. As it is, it takes to long to load on my DSL connection so it isn't worth it to me.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by CRego3D
      What about the penguins ? .. nobody comments on the darn penguins .. hehe
      Those are some professional-looking penguins, Carlos. Good job.
      Last edited by Arkham; Tue 6 May '03, 8:07am.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        It looks like a nice forum. Too heavy for me though. If there were a lighter style with less graphics, I would think about joining. As it is, it takes to long to load on my DSL connection so it isn't worth it to me.
        Wayne .. really ?

        It was actually done as a "lite" forum, we dont' really use that many graphics, only a header/footer .. but no detailed postbits or graphics on the forum top bars, etc .. so it would be fast .. sorry to hear you having problems
        Carlos Rego
        LinuxCult

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Arkham
          Those are some professional-looking penguins, Carlos. Good job.
          here .. I love them .. we Call them "Ping" (Jr and Sr) .. Double meanign of course .. ping=network ping, ping=pinguin (penguin in portuguese)
          Carlos Rego
          LinuxCult

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by CRego3D
            Wayne .. really ?

            It was actually done as a "lite" forum, we dont' really use that many graphics, only a header/footer .. but no detailed postbits or graphics on the forum top bars, etc .. so it would be fast .. sorry to hear you having problems
            There are 45 unique images on the homepage which means 46 connections to the webserver to slow everything down. Even if every connection only takes 100 milliseconds to connect and then verify that the nothing has changed and everything is in my cache, that is 4.6 seconds of just passing headers back and forth. The lost packets that I get as my route enters your datacenter from BBNPlanet doesn't help this process either.

            I haven't been able to see anything else except a no permission screen since everything I tried to browse to requires that you are a member to view. Doesn't really allow anyone to decide if they want to become a member or not. And since your privacy statement is unreadable and redirects to the forum home page before anyone could possibly read it, I am certainly not signing up so my email address can be sold for spam. Oh well, I am sure there are other forums oriented towards Linux out there.
            Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 6 May '03, 10:12am.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              I haven't been able to see anything else except a no permission screen since everything I tried to browse to requires that you are a member to view.
              haa, yes, I meant to remove that from some of the forums .. all set
              Carlos Rego
              LinuxCult

              Comment


              • #22
                I've always been a fan of C:'s work. Anouther nice one.

                Loads under a second on my Cable connection. Only problem I have is guests cant view posts, but i understand why some ppl do it.

                Comment


                • #23
                  nice and clean

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    couple things:

                    remove the <br> at the very top of the forum list.


                    valign="middle" the on/off icons on the first column

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X