new style as default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new style as default

can i set a new style to default? any other way then changing the default template set etc to the new style?

anyone know how to do this? it has to be doable right?

thanks in advance
    -Mike

Digital Media Fusion<--Web hosting and design, cheap and affordable websites for all!
    Tuner Carz Forum .:|:.Tuner Carz.:|:.Dv6cougar.com.:|:.Midwest Neco

Originally posted by dv6cougar
    can i set a new style to default? any other way then changing the default template set etc to the new style?

anyone know how to do this? it has to be doable right?

thanks in advance
    Only way I can think of doing it is creating a style, downloading it, changing its' name to default and then re-uploading over the default one, which is basically what you said.

Comment

To make another template to show up as the default, modify the Default Style properties and point them to the Replacement and Template sets of the style you want to appear as the default.

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> Default [properties]

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
        To make another template to show up as the default, modify the Default Style properties and point them to the Replacement and Template sets of the style you want to appear as the default.

Wow I never even thought of that, so simple yet so great.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary

thats what i did... now my problem is that if my user's pic default on there own in user cp

it still uses our theme and not hte default

how can i bypass this?
          -Mike

Digital Media Fusion<--Web hosting and design, cheap and affordable websites for all!

Comment

That shouldn't be if the default style is pointing to the correct replacement and templates sets. Check again. Note that the true 'default' style is the one without the 'remove' link'.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              That shouldn't be if the default style is pointing to the correct replacement and templates sets. Check again. Note that the true 'default' style is the one without the 'remove' link'.
              hm
              ok well i'll test about on this

thanks
              -Mike

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X