Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zachb
    OSX Server for me. Very nice.
    Well it looks nice, but I don't see how we're supposed to consider anything related to community, quality, or content if it's not in English. Looks comprehensive and well-populated though. Next...

EchoHype & BMI - visually cohesive and appealing styles, but, substantially, nothing about the forums make them stand out. There's no unifying theme or topic. These general-topic forums always remind me of high-school lunchrooms. I'd suggest specializing, or offering something unique.

rapsearch - Well, I hate rap boards and orange, but the integration with the rest of the site is superb. The community is thriving, the style is consistent with the community, and the forum topics are well-balanced. Gets my vote. <edit: Oops. Forgot to vote. Now now it gets my vote. >
    Last edited by Arkham; Tue 4 Mar '03, 7:06am.

Comment

rapsearch.com for me. Very nice style, clean, organized, and not overloaded on the orange.

Comment

jwupbl.orgbmiforums.com
        Those 2 don't work, so I won't vote on them.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
          jwupbl.orgbmiforums.com
          Those 2 don't work, so I won't vote on them.

I can see bmiforums.com - and it's rather ... cute. But nope, first one's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mist
            Feel free to delete this post if it is not appropriate scott but i'd like to dwell on some of the cool things over at rapsearch. It's not your average rap community which so many people seem to be biased against (rightly so too). It is not simply your average forum. Not only does it have a nice design but it is (in my opinion) the top dog in its genre.

Not only does it have it's own Instant Messenger service intigrated with the forums it has lots of other features to make it an enjoyable relaxed and *suprisingly* mature community. I urge you to take a look at the site before prejudging it by its genre

Regards

- miSt
            I agree completely with regard to the biased portion of your statement. I thought voting for vBulletin of the month is to be based on design and not genre. It seems this has turned into a popularity contest, instead of unbiased and honest evaluation of a websites design. I also don’t think it’s fair to previous competitors that voting continues even though one of the current nominees is invalid. It’s much easier to win when you have less competition. I think this is a great event… but it seems to have grown increasingly lax over time.

Comment

EchoHype got my vote, I liked how it was creative in the graphical approach, something you Rarely see nowadays.

kudos ^_^

Comment

Thanks for your support Dotagious

- miSt
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Yeah, jwupbl went offline after Avalonstar switched servers.
                  :)

Comment

Originally posted by 1337Devil
                    EchoHype got my vote, I liked how it was creative in the graphical approach, something you Rarely see nowadays.

kudos ^_^
                    thanks for the support and comments

Comment

Yes, rapsearch for me too. It looks great.

Craig
                      Special Forces - Roll Of Honour - http://www.specialforcesroh.com

Comment

I voted for Echohype. Seems nice!

p.s.
                        Rapsearch is really great! I would vote for it but then I noticed that it seems to be using the same style as the forum that was BOTM in SEP 2002. (Postbits are slightly different, though).

http://www.ihosts.com/forum/

Don't know if this style is ready made, or who had it first, but is there any meaning on including again a board with the same style / just different colors?

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

stark - we are the original owners of that style, we developed it and it was sold to ihosts in a different format

It is not ready-made

Regards

- miSt

Comment

rapsearch.com

Comment

Thanks for your support A:\

Comment

tark - we are the original owners of that style, we developed it and it was sold to ihosts in a different format

It is not ready-made

Regards

- miSt
                                It's a great style Mist [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
                                Beautiful!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X