Can I get some feedback? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get some feedback? :)

I have a new design and postbit on my board. Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. Let me know what you think and what I should add....thanks

Originally posted by Ryan McBain
    I have a new design and postbit on my board. Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. Let me know what you think and what I should add....thanks
    The frontpage looks very nice, much more original than most that I see and the setup and use of colors are really good. I score this an 9 out of 10 on the xiphoid scale And that means it doesn't go high quick..

The forum index page (See screenshot) doesn't look good here. The first impression might, but since it is a fixed width, you could have put more control in the background images. Stretch it higher to give a smoother effect, no matter how high the table cell becomes. This could have been fixed when you applied the hack. Nevertheless it does look nice. Fun skin. I'd use it for my own site (i.e.). I score this a (on the edge) 6 out of 10 on the xiphoid scale (consider yourself lucky).

The postbit looks good too, bit original, but hey, how much can one put into it to not make overkill. My advice would be to replace the bars in the levelpart on the left to your own skin, not use those colored ones. They are less obvious, but still there to see. I would personally like that. The postbit profile part is a bit wider then usual and more obvious to the eye. Not really a problem, but ... you use fixed width, so it does take up a lot of space, and then you type in smallfont in the postbit part on the right. The actuall post i smaller then the profile bit. Uhm, doens't look/feel natrual to me. Sorry. And to critizise some more, the buttons are a tad to big for me, lower their height and width and they will do just fine. It doesn't have to be much, just as long as it looks more uhm, easy instead of 'wow, a button!'.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the site,style. My personal taste is that it is too big (like a font size of 3 just looks too big to read, where 2 looks fine) - i have the same with the postbit images. That is all. I score the postbit section a solid 7,5 out of 10 (not quite there yet to be an 8).

9 / 6 / 7,5 makes an average of 7,5 which I boost up to an 8 once it is updated to my personal taste :P (take that only as advice)

Overal on the forum : nice graphics, nice looks, good looking header, and you made the left/right margins look nice too. It is easy to navigate, though I miss a button in the top menu to quick jump back to the frontpage (portal). Sure: nice site!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
      The frontpage looks very nice, much more original than most that I see and the setup and use of colors are really good. I score this an 9 out of 10 on the xiphoid scale And that means it doesn't go high quick..

The forum index page (See screenshot) doesn't look good here. The first impression might, but since it is a fixed width, you could have put more control in the background images. Stretch it higher to give a smoother effect, no matter how high the table cell becomes. This could have been fixed when you applied the hack. Nevertheless it does look nice. Fun skin. I'd use it for my own site (i.e.). I score this a (on the edge) 6 out of 10 on the xiphoid scale (consider yourself lucky).

The postbit looks good too, bit original, but hey, how much can one put into it to not make overkill. My advice would be to replace the bars in the levelpart on the left to your own skin, not use those colored ones. They are less obvious, but still there to see. I would personally like that. The postbit profile part is a bit wider then usual and more obvious to the eye. Not really a problem, but ... you use fixed width, so it does take up a lot of space, and then you type in smallfont in the postbit part on the right. The actuall post i smaller then the profile bit. Uhm, doens't look/feel natrual to me. Sorry. And to critizise some more, the buttons are a tad to big for me, lower their height and width and they will do just fine. It doesn't have to be much, just as long as it looks more uhm, easy instead of 'wow, a button!'.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the site,style. My personal taste is that it is too big (like a font size of 3 just looks too big to read, where 2 looks fine) - i have the same with the postbit images. That is all. I score the postbit section a solid 7,5 out of 10 (not quite there yet to be an 8).

9 / 6 / 7,5 makes an average of 7,5 which I boost up to an 8 once it is updated to my personal taste :P (take that only as advice)

Overal on the forum : nice graphics, nice looks, good looking header, and you made the left/right margins look nice too. It is easy to navigate, though I miss a button in the top menu to quick jump back to the frontpage (portal). Sure: nice site!
      thanks for the feedback, im glad you like it. i'll try and work on it some more...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X