Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nominate your favorite Board for vBBotM - February.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yetdog111
    http://www.antsmarching.org/forum

In less than a year, we generated over 22,000 members on our site, and the community is getting stronger by the day.
    I'll second this. Good use of graphics, fast loading, active community.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      I'll second this. Good use of graphics, fast loading, active community.
      Thanks a ton Wayne!
      Matthew Yette
      [email protected]
      antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

Hmm, perhaps someone will second my board this month.

http://forums.shoresofvalinor.com

Comment

I second creations.nl

Comment

I third vbulletin.org

- miSt
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Mist
              I third vbulletin.org

- miSt
              I fourth vB.org

vB.org

Satan
              Last edited by Chris M; Sat 18th Jan '03, 6:43am.

Comment

Is this an actual community or just a demonstration of your SKIN? The competition is best board of the month, not skin of the month. If this isn't a full fledged community (and from the appearances it looks like and Advertisement) then it should be disqualified. Sorry but you should not only fit within the rules but the spirit of the competition.
                The rules clearly state that a good board is "whatever makes you happy."
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                  Well, since they had the bad luck of not being picked a while back...

I nominate PixelJunction Forums. http://www.pixeljunction.com/forum
                  They already won in November 2001: http://www.vbulletin.com/award/
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                    The rules clearly state that a good board is "whatever makes you happy."
                    An empty board that is clearly using a template for sale and does not even have customized graphics is not one to make me happy.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                      They already won in November 2001: http://www.vbulletin.com/award/
                      It's been more than a year, and that winning was for PixelJunction v2. They're on to v3 now.
                      :)

Comment

What do you mean does not even have customized graphics? The entire board is customized. Look again, maybe you missed it the first time:

http://www.techskins.com/forums

Also Wayne, the forums at Techskins are not in and of themselves an advertisement at all, read the board titles and descriptions, they will be forums for providing support and community to Techskins clients, as well as a place for us to gather feedback from our clients and allow users in the community to show off how they've implemented/customized a Techskins product or offer advice to other users. Not unlike these very forums...

An empty board that is clearly using a template for sale and does not even have customized graphics is not one to make me happy.
                        Last edited by Azaloth; Sat 18th Jan '03, 7:02am.

Comment

Originally posted by Azaloth
                          What do you mean does not even have customized graphics? The entire board is customized. Look again, maybe you missed it the first time:

http://www.techskins.com/forums

Also Wayne, the forums at Techskins are not in and of themselves an advertisement at all, read the board titles and descriptions, they will be forums for providing support and community to Techskins clients, as well as a place for us to gather feedback from our clients and allow users in the community to show off how they've implemented/customized a Techskins product or offer advice to other users. Not unlike these very forums...
                          I believe Wayne was referring to how generic the design is once a few people start using it.

There are only three small images where the site's name can be customized and placed on the template without undergoing heavy changes. Once three or four sites start using that template, where's the originality?
                          :)

Comment

I figure a fifth 'second' for vbulletin.org probably isn't needed . . .

. . . so I would like to nominate The One Boards - a Lord of the Rings Message Board. They have a great staff, nice designs, and of course all things Tolkien. Not to mention catering to fans from those wanting good discussion on Tolkien's work, but to those fans wanting more to "play" tolkien's work (like rpg's, games, etc.)

So ... yeah. The One.

Comment

Well, originality is in the creation of the style itself. Even if 100000 people use it, the style had to come from somewhere. From the feedback I've gotten (and the many sales) people seem to really be impressed with this skin. So I figured I'd nominate it to see how it would do.

However, if the fact that this skin has been sold to many people is no longer an "exclusive" design is going to hinder it in this competition, than so be it. I'll have to wait until my latest custom skin is done and installed in an active forum community

Comment

Originally posted by jediguy
                                Hmm, perhaps someone will second my board this month.

http://forums.shoresofvalinor.com

I'll second it.
                                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X