X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need feedback 4 my site

http://www.gslallianz.de

Plz take a look at the Site + the Forums and if you have the time, give me some feedback or/and vote.

Thx, ~Seraiel~
    7.14%
    7.14%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    14.29%
    28.57%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    42.86%

I like the forum but the mouse over changing color thingie.. dont like.
    It feels like the </a> is missing after the link... i know many forums have this mouse over effect.. but sorry yust dont like it.
    Pimp Daddy Croft Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by croft
      I like the forum but the mouse over changing color thingie.. dont like.
      It feels like the </a> is missing after the link... i know many forums have this mouse over effect.. but sorry yust dont like it.
      Thx 4 the critics, but the mouseover feature is just, as it's wanted. I like just clicking on the fields and not the links.

Comment

=):d
        Pimp Daddy Croft Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaint-AeD
          Thx 4 the critics, but the mouseover feature is just, as it's wanted. I like just clicking on the fields and not the links.
          I know you like it

By the way, if you don't like it to link, you can also just remove the onClick event from the code, this way it highlights, but doesn't link.

Overall; nice hacking work, but it resulted in a robust site with not so nice images and colors.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
            it resulted in a robust site with not so nice images and colors.
            Could you specify that?

Comment

Could you specify that?
              I have to really read everything now to see what is what and where the info is that I want.
              It browses not so nice, the combinations of colors are not to my liking and they aren't placed out as subtle as hoped.

The dark styles i really don't like, but that is with most sites, i don't like dark sites.
              I did make hatax.nl and used dark colors there, and that turned out subtle, so it isn't impossible.

But then again; it is just my personal taste i think.

Comment

Well, I like the layout of the forums, the only thing I personally don't like is the header - the image itself is nice, but it's not so easy to find (and realize) the top links - I would seperate them a bit more...

<german>
                Mit dem Wort "Allianz" im Namen/Url musste aufpassen - die Allianz (Versicherung) mahnt sowas gern ab, sofern sie nicht erwarten, dass Gegenwehr kommt (=> private Site). So geschehen bei den Clans "Nationale Allianz" und "Internationale Allianz"...
                </german>
                GameCrash

Project Tools Importer for forum threads
                Current Version: 1.0.0 Beta 3

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                  I have to really read everything now to see what is what and where the info is that I want.
                  It browses not so nice, the combinations of colors are not to my liking and they aren't placed out as subtle as hoped.

The dark styles i really don't like, but that is with most sites, i don't like dark sites.
                  I did make hatax.nl and used dark colors there, and that turned out subtle, so it isn't impossible.

But then again; it is just my personal taste i think.
                  Sorry, did you see Galactic Blue?

Comment

wow you stole my forum category headers. http://boards.gamerslive.net
                    Last edited by d2alio; Sun 5 Jan '03, 4:34pm.
                    Dameon White, Lead Designer
                    InsideThePixel.com "Web Tailoring Inside Out"
                    vB Clients: AlienSoup.com (vBotm) | WiredGamers.com (vBotm)
                    09.05.03: WiredGamer Releases Its Skin! Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by d2alio
                      wow you stole my forum category headers. http://boards.gamerslive.net
                      To be exact, I didn't steal your code or images. I took them, recolored them, resized them, redesigned some parts, and integrated them in my own way. As you can see, they fuction as a forum border, category top/bottom images, postbit top/bottom images and at some more places.

For me, this seems to be ok, as you have no copyright on the images, and I invested some work in them, making them look different to yours. How many people do you think stole the chrome buttons of vB.org or tried to rip the Dark-Blue Style? Imo you should think of this as a compliment to your site, because only the best sites are copied, and this not even is a copy, as our styles are totally different. To be correct, your forum style "inspired" me to redesign mine, and nothing more.

Regards, ~Seraiel~

Comment

The vBulletin.org chrome buttons are made by Sinecure from PixelJunction. Likewise, those buttons are available at his site for all contributing members.

The least you could've done was to ask for permission before copying his images. Technically, he DID in fact have a copyright on them, as US copyright law states that all original work produced is immediately copyrighted by its author(s).

IMO, no matter what you did, in the end, it was still d2ailo's image. Again, you should've asked for permission. The fact that you didn't, and the fact that you try to justify your action by claiming that "only the best sites are copied", that just further undermines your position.

I'm sorry -- it would've been a very nice site if it was original.
                        :)

Comment

Yes, it looks nice, but that is it. It looks nice, it doesn't work nice for me.
                          there are more images then actual text, you have to scroll to read 10 lines.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel

Technically, he DID in fact have a copyright on them, as US copyright law states that all original work produced is immediately copyrighted by its author(s).
                            Yes, same here in germany...
                            GameCrash

Project Tools Importer for forum threads
                            Current Version: 1.0.0 Beta 3

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                              The vBulletin.org chrome buttons are made by Sinecure from PixelJunction. Likewise, those buttons are available at his site for all contributing members.

The least you could've done was to ask for permission before copying his images. Technically, he DID in fact have a copyright on them, as US copyright law states that all original work produced is immediately copyrighted by its author(s).

IMO, no matter what you did, in the end, it was still d2ailo's image. Again, you should've asked for permission. The fact that you didn't, and the fact that you try to justify your action by claiming that "only the best sites are copied", that just further undermines your position.

I'm sorry -- it would've been a very nice site if it was original.
                              Windows Lindows
                              and you wonder why microsoft is starting a lawsuit

The images are the same, just differently applied.

Original work is yours, copy and retouching them isn't yours.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X