Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Edit Templates

Sorry folks I'm a rookie to vBulletin!

I just installed a licenced version of 2.2.8 and have it up and running. Where or how can I make general edits to templates for color, personalized logos, etc.. I tried to search this board but it is quite hard to sort thru all of the info. I am quite fluent with editing HTML and I cant see any source to edit in any of the PHP pages?

Thanks in advanced!

Simon Mestas
    Last edited by smestas; Sun 24th Nov '02, 1:00pm.

Originally posted by smestas
    Sorry folks I'm a rookie to vBulletin!

I just installed a licenced version of 2.2.8 and have it up and running. Where or how can I make general edits to templates for color, personalized logos, etc.. I tried to search this board but it is quite hard to sort thru all of the info. I am quite fluent with editing HTML and I cant see any source to edit in any of the PHP pages?

Thanks in advanced!

Simon Mestas
    Hi there,
    I am happy to see you also like vBulletin and welcome to the community

In order to edit anything to the forum, you have to login to the Admin Control Panel. You can find it by adding /admin/ behind the URL of your forum URL (like yoursite.com/forum/admin/)

In order to change the fonts/colors/etc follow these steps:
    1. Login to the Admin Control Panel as an administrator
    2. On the left, scroll down to the 'Styles' section and click on 'Modify' (a page will appear on the right)
    3. On this right page, goto the 'Style Sets' section and select '[font/colors/etc]'
    4. Here you will find the main colors and other options you can alter, set them to your liking
    5. Click on 'Save Changes' button at the bottom of the page to save your new settings.
    Done!

Alternations to the content of the pages (which are driven by templates) are done in the (from the left menu) 'templates' section (select modify and find the appropiate template).
    Last edited by Floris; Sun 24th Nov '02, 2:11pm.

Comment

THANKS xiphoid !!

You saved me from a nervous breakdown.

Regards,

Simon Mestas

Comment

Originally posted by smestas
        THANKS xiphoid !!

You saved me from a nervous breakdown.

Regards,

Simon Mestas
        Not a problem.
        Happy to have helped.
        You could also check the members area on vbulletin.com - it has links to guides and other info you might want to read up on in order to get more info about this software that can help you improve your vbulletin skills

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X