Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuber
    replied
    Do you know if any templates affect the forums by categories instead of individuallly?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Zehlek
    ok thanks alot, but how do I edit the forumhome level 1 or 2 post template(s) to get images to appear underneath each set of forums? Whenever I try it puts the images under each forum, not under each set of forums(by category) like how I have seen them on some boards.
    My tweaks didn't go into that because the code I use for my own site differs from something that can be done 'easily'.

My info gives enough hints on how to do it yourself. Please try to play around and learn yourself. It is just different too much per each forum.

Leave a comment:

• Yuber
    replied
    ok thanks alot, but how do I edit the forumhome level 1 or 2 post template(s) to get images to appear underneath each set of forums? Whenever I try it puts the images under each forum, not under each set of forums(by category) like how I have seen them on some boards.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    The trick is nothing but understanding how the table nesting goes.

Try to 'decode' them by putting the whole frontpage into a empty .html file and see if you can keep track of the nesting.

Done that, it is just adding in a html editor and then you will quickly see what code goes where.

It really can differ PER forum, so just saying 'oh here or there' is a bit harder.

Just try and play around. Once you see how the categories are setup within the other table nesting, you can see that you need to break the tables and add new ones and then add a row (in columns) in order to achieve your goal.

Leave a comment:

• Yuber
    started a topic Quick Question.

Quick Question.

How do you edit the forumhome templates properly to get images to appear underneath each set of forums? I have seen this done at a few forums such as yaxay but whenever I tried to put images in at my forums, either the tables get all screwed up or the images appear under each forum instead of each set of forums(bycategory) can someone please help me by telling me what or how to edit the forumhome templates(I'm assuming level2 and/or 1 post and no post templates. Your help will be greatly appreciated.