Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This Possible? ( 2 Styles Share 1 Template Need Different CSS to show up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Possible? ( 2 Styles Share 1 Template Need Different CSS to show up)

Hey helpful people!

I need to do the following, and no matter how many times I try, I can't seem to achieve the desired effect. I'll try to be clear, and hopefully someone can help.

The Facts:
    Version: vB 2.2.7
    Site: http://www.ina-community.com/forums

The Situation:
    I want to use several styles (30 or so) but I want them all to share the same template. I know how to customize everything that I need using the Style's [fonts/colors/etc], however I need to use different CSS (basically because I want the header insert to be different on some styles).

The Problem:
    I have a style called "DEFAULT" it uses "DEFAULT" replacements and "DEFAULT" Template. I also have a style called "SHINY" it uses the "SHINY" replacements and the "DEFAULT" Template.

Now, I want the SHINY Style to have blue background input boxes. And the DEFAULT Style to have white ones.

No matter how many times I try when I alter the SHINY "HEADER INSERT" area it affects the DEFAULT. How can I make it so I can have different colored input box's and other CSS related goodies without making brand new Templates?

Hopefully someone can help explain what I have done wrong, as I'm sure this has to be user error related.

That's because headinclude is a template and not a replacement variable. You will need separte template sets to do this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      That's because headinclude is a template and not a replacement variable. You will need separte template sets to do this.
      Ha! That explains it!

Ok what if I rip out the header insert: and put in an external style sheet in the HEADER section instead? That might work eh!?

Comment

Yep, that might work. Or you could create specific replacement variables and use those int he headinclude template.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X