Graphics Developers Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Developers Kit?

O.k., i'm finally at the point where i'd like to start customizing the icons for vbulletin to match the overall theme of the rest of the website. I can see that at one point, there existed a GDK (graphics developers kit) with .PSD files for editing the icons for the message board in Photoshop.

The problem is, I can't seem to find the .PSD files to edit on my local machine. Is there a specific download for these files? I'd rather use the .PSD files to edit specific layers (changing color gradients, etc.) and you can't really do this well by editing the specific .GIF and .JPG icons.

Where can I find the .PSD files?

You need to log in to the members area using your Customer and password number.
    The link for the developers kit is in there.
    Techzonez - Tech News
    Techzonez Forums - Tech Community

Comment

Reverend,

Thanks for the quick reply. I must have overlooked it about twenty times in the members area and never thought to click on the correct support files link to get me to the GDK.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Vortex scatter

Attached some vortex scatter psd files for those who need abstract ideas.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have Paintshop Pro 7 and have tried both of the GDK, unfortunately I get errors opening both GDK and GDK 5.5 Any ideas?

Comment

No one?

Comment

Originally posted by SQHell
              I have Paintshop Pro 7 and have tried both of the GDK, unfortunately I get errors opening both GDK and GDK 5.5 Any ideas?
              I haven't used PSP in a long time ... but I don't think older versions of PSP could open Photoshop PSD's ...

Comment

It is hardly an old version!!

Comment

Note that while you get an unsupported feature message with GDK 5.5, it does not prevent you from being able to use the files.
                  http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

When I open an image, the layers are all the other images! This means that you cannot edit them properly.

Comment

You can edit them with any graphics program that support layers and PSD files.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Which one did you open? Note that many of them are templates to create several finished gifs.

For example, there is one with the logo buttons. Depending on which button you want to produce, you enable the correct layers and disable the others.

Another example, the post indicators:
                        Depending upon the combination of the 4 conditions, you activate the correct layers to get the end result icon. This is a bit confusing since PSP doesn't appear to understand layer groups which results in empty layers before and after the layers that belong in that group.

I am using PSP7 by the way.
                        http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X