X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kehfera
    replied
    Tried that but -

I tried that but because of some background graphics it would not show up...mmm

I tried most every table. Then- while trying to do some other tweeking I found the forumhome template. Adding another table before the header variable and closing it after the footer variable made it work just great.

THANKS for your help!
    I am always appreciative of the help that we get from this site from users and owners alike.

Kehf.

Leave a comment:

• shri
    replied
    Try the header and footer.

Open a simple table

Code:
    AT THE TOP of the header or where ever you want your tables to begin.

<table width="100%">
    <tr><td width="25%">

</td>
    <td width="75%">
    and
    Code:
    at the top of the footer]
    </td></tr></table>
    Its fairly simple .... in about 3 or 4 places you need to remove the table begin / end that vbulletin forces.. other than that its not rocket science.

Leave a comment:

• Kehfera
    replied
    OH HELP PLEASE

I see the example web page above...
    I noticed there is a border around the entire LARGE table.
    Which template is this in?

I have tried several and also modified the header...
    It does not work. I even tried making a table that eveything fit into but that bombed too.I have looked at the CSS coding. I just can't seem to find it anywhere. Please help.

Thanks,
    Kehf

Leave a comment:

• c-prompt
    replied
    In Showthread Template

FIND

Code:
    <!-- End content area table (CREATED IN HEADER!!) -->   
    	</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    Remove it.

FIND
    Code:
    <!-- restart content table from header -->
    <table cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="{tablewidth}" bgcolor="{pagebgcolor}" align="center">
    <tr>
        <td>
    Remove it and save the template.

Leave a comment:

• shri
    replied
    You mean something like this?

http://www.geobaby.com/forum

You need to go through some of the places and remove the table close / reopen that the default vB template has.

Leave a comment:

• zonegray
    replied
    Yes, it can be done, but the showthread page is laid out differently than most of the others, so it takes some special tweaking, which I haven't yet spent the time to figure out.

One thing that messes you up is that the header template opens a table/row/cell, and the main templates have to close those.

We haven't launched yet, but I'll send a URL for my dev site in a private message.

Leave a comment:

• gabbs
    started a topic Getting vB to have a left nav

Getting vB to have a left nav

Has anyone managed to get vB when viewing posts to have a left nav? if so could you point me to it so i can take a look at the html as i'm having a couple of probs doing it, keeps smegging up for some very strange reason...
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X