Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for your favorite board - vB Board of the Month for October

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Total Anime is giving me db errors, so I can't see anything..

    Today's Host doesn't even work properly, design-wise (only in IE, so that rules it out of being eligible for a vote from me).

    Gamer's Live looks neat and all, but it's so cliche and unoriginal. The fact that it reminds people of YaXaY alone should suffice as proof

    Leetsome has a few major design flaws, particularly when using increased text size... Text and images mess each other up when increasing text size, and not just a little

    Zelaron has a lot of styles but none of them look like a finished job. It's like the place is very much still in development stages...


    So, for now, I'm not voting. I'm waiting for Total Anime to come back, then I'll have seen them all. As for constructive help / criticism:

    TA: get your site _working_ ?
    TH: Make your design work in a real browser and don't just test it in Micro****'s pitiful excuse of a browser.
    GL: Either get a more original, unique design or live with the fact that you'll be compared to Yaxay.
    LS: tone down the graphic assault a bit and try viewing it in bigger text sizes before considering it final
    Zelaron: Having so many styles doesn't necessarily equal a good design. They are all more or less the same except for colors and the header image, however, none of the styles really have that 'finishing touch' to them.

    There, happy now?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by 1337Devil
      TH: Make your design work in a real browser and don't just test it in Micro****'s pitiful excuse of a browser.
      This style was actually tested in both IE and latest Mozilla/NS. It displays completely correct for me in all three of the above browsers. We did not just test IE.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by c-prompt
        This style was actually tested in both IE and latest Mozilla/NS. It displays completely correct for me in all three of the above browsers. We did not just test IE.
        Just thought i'd let you know, I just tried accessing http://www.gamerslive.net/boards in Netscape 4.7 and it says:

        Netscape is unable to locate the server www.gamerslive.net.

        Please check the server name and try again.
        Works fine in IE 6.0 though.
        -
        Visit the Web Scripts Directory @ http://www.scriptz.com
        -
        PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP, JavaScript, CFML, Python and more!

        -

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by 1337Devil
          TH: Make your design work in a real browser and don't just test it in Micro****'s pitiful excuse of a browser.
          Off topic, but if IE is just so pitiful, how come it can render a page your browser can't?

          And as far as I can see it works in IE, NS, Mozilla and Opera... what kind of third world browser are you using?
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

          גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by SkuZZy
            Just thought i'd let you know, I just tried accessing http://www.gamerslive.net/boards in Netscape 4.7 and it says
            I do not support old browsers unless a client requests so. I only test by default in the latest version of browsers. Testing in all browsers, and in all versions would leave me with just about nothing on the page.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by FireFly
              Off topic, but if IE is just so pitiful, how come it can render a page your browser can't?

              And as far as I can see it works in IE, NS, Mozilla and Opera... what kind of third world browser are you using?
              There are many things that were made solely for netscape and not I.E. The reason IE is able to render more pages is simply because microsoft controls of a monopoly and websites now-a-days are made strictly to work in Internet Explorer. I mean, I could probably throw together a page that looked horrible in IE and good in netscape, but what good what that do me? We are forced to play Microsoft's game. We are living in a Microsoft world
              -
              Visit the Web Scripts Directory @ http://www.scriptz.com
              -
              PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP, JavaScript, CFML, Python and more!

              -

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by SkuZZy
                There are many things that were made solely for netscape and not I.E. The reason IE is able to render more pages is simply because microsoft controls of a monopoly and websites now-a-days are made strictly to work in Internet Explorer. I mean, I could probably throw together a page that looked horrible in IE and good in netscape, but what good what that do me? We are forced to play Microsoft's game. We are living in a Microsoft world
                While I despise M$ as much as the next guy, IE is still the most compliant browser. It's a necessary evil. Until NS renders pages properly, IE is it. I hate that fact, but it's still a fact.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by HenryG2
                  I really hate how everyone associates everything with yaxay.

                  This reminds me of yaxay

                  What a blatant rip of yaxay

                  all these yaxay clones suck...

                  blah blah blah

                  they'll say the same thing when yaxay v2 is released.
                  I actually have bets goign on in how long will it take for v2 to be ripped

                  All boards listed here demand respect, yaxay was just the first to do it in sutch scale that people have a tendency to compare everyting to it.
                  Carlos Rego
                  LinuxCult

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by SkuZZy
                    There are many things that were made solely for netscape and not I.E. The reason IE is able to render more pages is simply because microsoft controls of a monopoly and websites now-a-days are made strictly to work in Internet Explorer. I mean, I could probably throw together a page that looked horrible in IE and good in netscape, but what good what that do me? We are forced to play Microsoft's game. We are living in a Microsoft world
                    Umm, what?
                    What does Microsoft's monopoly have anything to do with IE's ability to display HTML code correct? I'd like to see a page that looks good in NS (Is that even possible?) but doesn't look as good in IE.
                    And I'm not even mentioning how advanced IE is in terms of advanced (or even basic at times) JavaScript.

                    You can roll your eyes until next year but sooner or later you'll realize IE is simply the best browser out there, like it or not. When Mozilla or Opera will have the ability to display half of what IE can I'll reconsider this stance.

                    (And before someone says that NS has an inflexible parser - I hardly consider that as a merit... what's the point in that? Maybe if those other browsers were completely standards compliant, but we all know they're far from that, not half as compliant as IE is.)
                    Chen Avinadav
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

                    גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Here's a page Kier put together a while back, a perfect XHTML 1.0 page. (http://www.vbulletin.org/templatetest.html)

                      I rest my case.
                      Chen Avinadav
                      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

                      גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by CRego3D
                        I actually have bets goign on in how long will it take for v2 to be ripped

                        All boards listed here demand respect, yaxay was just the first to do it in sutch scale that people have a tendency to compare everyting to it.
                        It's not a matter of respect. That has nothing to do with it. The other boards just happen to share a similar look, so people can't help thinking yaxay/ravio. There's no "tendency to compare everything to it". Don't you get it? They do look like the yaxay style. Do you think people are making this up, or, that they have something against yaxay? It's just a matter of originality.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          who uses Nutscrape?
                          Dameon White, Lead Designer
                          InsideThePixel.com "Web Tailoring Inside Out"
                          vB Clients: AlienSoup.com (vBotm) | WiredGamers.com (vBotm)
                          09.05.03: WiredGamer Releases Its Skin! Click Here!
                          __________________

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Arkham
                            It's not a matter of respect. That has nothing to do with it. The other boards just happen to share a similar look, so people can't help thinking yaxay/ravio. There's no "tendency to compare everything to it". Don't you get it? They do look like the yaxay style. Do you think people are making this up, or, that they have something against yaxay? It's just a matter of originality.
                            who am I to disagree with that
                            Carlos Rego
                            LinuxCult

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              hehe what's the earliest time you think v2 will be ripped? Yaxay's a BIG and very well-known site, I've give it 3 days. I would say within 24 hours, but that all depends on if the rippers are also waiting for the style to be released
                              Dameon White, Lead Designer
                              InsideThePixel.com "Web Tailoring Inside Out"
                              vB Clients: AlienSoup.com (vBotm) | WiredGamers.com (vBotm)
                              09.05.03: WiredGamer Releases Its Skin! Click Here!
                              __________________

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Wow, some amazing forums here.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X