• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xelation
    I voted for gamerslive, nice skin man
    hehe Thanks Xel.
    Dameon White, Lead Designer
    InsideThePixel.com "Web Tailoring Inside Out"
    vB Clients: AlienSoup.com (vBotm) | WiredGamers.com (vBotm)
    09.05.03: WiredGamer Releases Its Skin! Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by DzaLi01™
      hehe Thanks Xel.

I voted for GL to ... It is nice.

Comment

speaking of which, where are these "rules" for the vbbotm thing anyway?

Comment

My vote goes to Zelaron's Synthisis! I like the clean layout and I especially like the little images next to each forum. I'm going to try and add images like them to my forums

---------------

My runner up vote goes to Today's Host. Another great design by ravio. Very clean and professional, I like it.

---------------

The other 3 really didn't impress me all that much. Don't get me wrong, they are all good designs, but I do have some comments on each.

gamerslive.net - I'll probably get yelled at for this, but this site reminds me of yaxay. I'm not saying it was ripped off, i'm not even saying that it LOOKS like it... all i'm saying is, the first time the page loaded, first thing that popped into my mind was "yaxay"... it's probably just me.

leetsome - Great graphics, but in all honesty, it hurts my eyes. Too much silver and doesn't seem suitable for a message board in my opinion, seems like something you'd see on a graphics site... the reason I say it's not suitable for a message board, is because I couldn't image surfing that all day, my eyes would be killin' me

total-anime - This one kind of struck me out of place? No offense, but I just didn't see anything too special about this design? Looks sort of like default vb. Nice clean layout though.

... well, those are my opinions. Bottom line is, they are all nice boards and all of them should be *proud* to be voted as BOTM.

SCSI
          -
          Visit the Web Scripts Directory @ http://www.scriptz.com
          -
          PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP, JavaScript, CFML, Python and more!

-

Comment

/me feels retarded haha Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by s.molinari
              Hi all,

DzaLi01™ asked me a good question and I would like to share my answer with you all.

If someone has one or more (max three) "admins" added to the list in the Member's Area, then those people are eligible to vote. These names however must stay in the list until the month is over. What we want to avoid is pumping up the votes by adding more than three names. If someone does this, after the fourth admin is added then the one of the original three is no longer in the admin list. This can be checked since the userids are saved with each vote.
              Sounds good and fair.

I don't think anyone not registered member of these forums at the time of nominations should be allowed to vote, to begin with.

Should there be minimum post count or registration date requirement?

Comment

No I don't think that's necessary. That would make the rules too beaurocratic. Just the three admins no more no less.
                Hmm. That gives a disadvantage to sites that don't have 3 admins, and lets people throw up to three people on their admin list if they're in the running. But hey... It's your show.

I think a minimum month (1-3?) reg. requirement here would be the fairest compromise.

Comment

Today's Host for me.
                  You're my Prince of Peace
                  And I will live my life for You

Comment

Nobody is voting, persay, for multiple styles. If someone looks deeper into a board and sees that there are multiple styles and votes for that board for that reason, then that is their preference.

As the guide lines say, vote for whatever makes you happy.

Scott
                    Thank you Scott. I always figured multiple styles was another feature to the board, and I like that option, so I voted. Plus, like I said, I like how TA is less graphic intensive.
                    Last edited by zachb; Sun 6 Oct '02, 1:49am.

Comment

It's always been like that...
                      http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

hahahah! Someone obviously doesn't check things out before posting That postbit has been like that since I launched that design. NOTHING on this board has changed. In fact, it still hasn't even been hacked up yet.

Comment

yep dzalio is right, the postbit has always been on the right even before the design was released. he had showed it to me, its never been changed

Comment

My vote: Gamers Live
                            That post_bit of yours is amazing! Great job.
                            Runner up: if it matters. Today's host.

Great job to you all. Best of luck to each of you.

Comment

I really hate how everyone associates everything with yaxay.

This reminds me of yaxay

What a blatant rip of yaxay

all these yaxay clones suck...

blah blah blah

they'll say the same thing when yaxay v2 is released.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryG2
                                I really hate how everyone associates everything with yaxay.
                                It's no one's fault. But you have to admit that these yaxa-likes share distinct similarities with yaxay/ravio designs. It's not yaxay/ravio's "fault", nor is it a bad look. But that doesn't change the fact that these forums all share a similar style.

It's a trade-off you have to accept when using a distinct style. Ravio designs look great, but a little more variety would be nice.
                                Last edited by Arkham; Wed 9 Oct '02, 6:50am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X