Adding a graphic behind the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a graphic behind the forum

How do i add a big image to fit around the whole forum, im not tlaking behind the categories, im lookin for the page bg... plz help me out..

Add a background tag to the body tag:

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> [fonts/colors/etc] -> page layout -> Body Tag
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

<body bgcolor="#1E1D21" text="ffffff" id="all" leftmargin="10" topmargin="10" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" link="#000020" vlink="#000020" alink="#000020">

this is my code

tell me what to change to add a image.. edit it for me and tell me where to put image link..

Comment

It's just simple HTML:

<body background="yourimage.jpg" bgcolor="#1E1D21" text="ffffff" id="all" leftmargin="10" topmargin="10" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" link="#000020" vlink="#000020" alink="#000020">
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

im not a coder but thx u... can u tell me how big an image would have to be to place back there so it wont start to repeat itself and not distort...?

Comment

That depends on what screen resolutrion the user has. Prob. 800x600 or 1024x768 would be good.
            Ueli

Comment

You can use CSS (the "no-repeat" attribute) to force an image to stop repeating.
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

"no-repeat" thats the code?

Comment

bg properties: fixed

That would make the bg pic not repeat

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X